Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Lcensed Sleep Doctor
Lcensed Sleep Doctor
Need assistance on the legality of a DME Company hiring a licensed sleep doctor. All information I have found is not specific to this topic. Anybody aware if this is actually legal?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lcensed Sleep Doctor
(10-08-2012, 05:19 PM)mallen Wrote: Need assistance on the legality of a DME Company hiring a licensed sleep doctor. All information I have found is not specific to this topic. Anybody aware if this is actually legal?
don,t know about being legal... maybe conflict of interest
buyer beware
Post Reply Post Reply
You would be surprised by how many of these ethically suspect arrangements are perfectly legal. I can't comment on your specific query, however.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mallen, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.! I don't know the answer to your question but hang in there, someone will be able to help you with your quiry soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There are a lot of sleep docs who also sell equipment. It is no more illegal than an eye doctor who also sells glasses.

I would never go to a sleep doc who also sells equipment for the same reason I do not go to eye doctors who sell glasses. Conflict of interest.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,722 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 525 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 330 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.