Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Looks like I'm not meeting my goals
Looks like I'm not meeting my goals
Although I cannot get my S8 machine to write to the data card, I do pull my AHI and AI from the review menu.

Looks like my AI is not bad, especially compared to pretreatment.
However, my AHI is a bit too high.

Your comments and opinions are welcome...

[Image: AHI-AI.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looks like I'm not meeting my goals
I would think about whether you had leak issues on those days. Did you change your mask, did you do anything differently than you had been doing? It is hard to know if we can't see flow limitations, leak graphs, etc. How long have you been using the cushion in your mask? Since you are using a FFM, they are more likely to have leak issues than other masks.

I am sure others will have more suggestions/ideas for you
Post Reply Post Reply
How soon will your insurance company 'allow' you to get a newer, data capable machine, Mongo?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also read my leak data from the review menu. Leaks are not a problem. I cannot sleep with a leak; so, I tighten down my mask straps like the girth on a saddle.

I'll have to go out of pocket to get an S9 machine; and I am on the cusp of doing that. Supplier #2 has some nice open box specials. I want the S9 VPAP Auto. To start off, I would set it to S mode, default the timing and switch sensitivity (as they are now on my S8) and set my IPAP and EPAP pressures as they are now. It would act the same as a VPAP S machine. After getting a handle on the data, I'd probably go Auto.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes, even if your leak is in the acceptable range, if you have a group of leaks or leaks that last for a good while, this can cause more events. I agree that a data capable machine would help you a lot for a lot of reasons that I am sure you are aware of.

In the meantime, did you change your mask type recently, did you do anything differently than you had been doing? How long have you been using the cushion in your mask? Maybe your cushion needs to be replaced.

I am just throwing things out there for you to think about.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can't recall where, but I did read somewhere that having your mask too tight can cause problems.
Anybody else heard this?

Dont-know
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 10:24 AM)Bompa Wrote: Can't recall where, but I did read somewhere that having your mask too tight can cause problems.
Anybody else heard this?

Dont-know
Coffee

I have heard this. I keep my head gear really loose where I can fit fingers between the head gear and my face and I have great leak numbers.

Not sure what the problem is but all I could do was make suggestions to think about and/or try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only change I made recently was to increase both IPAP and EPAP by 1 cm-H2O.
I don't seem to be sleeping as well... but, I suspect that's unrelated to sleep apnea.
I was sleeping from about 9PM to 5AM. I seem to wake earlier now, and cannot get back to sleep -- so, I just unstrap and get into my morning rituals.
(Read the data, download the oximeter, check my blood sugar, fire up the computer...)

I am getting some REM sleep. I know because I recall some of my dreams.
(Last night, I was driving a Porsche -- always wanted one; never got one.)

I induce 2LPM O2 into my xPAP stream. I desaturated badly during my original sleep study.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 10:34 AM)justMongo Wrote: Only change I made recently was to increase both IPAP and EPAP by 1 cm-H2O.
I don't seem to be sleeping as well... but, I suspect that's unrelated to sleep apnea.
I was sleeping from about 9PM to 5AM. I seem to wake earlier now, and cannot get back to sleep -- so, I just unstrap and get into my morning rituals.
(Read the data, download the oximeter, check my blood sugar, fire up the computer...)

I am getting some REM sleep. I know because I recall some of my dreams.
(Last night, I was driving a Porsche -- always wanted one; never got one.)

I induce 2LPM O2 into my xPAP stream. I desaturated badly during my original sleep study.

Driving a Porsche while dreaming is the best way to do it. You can do anything you want to and it is all legal! You don't have to pay for the car, insurance, tags, etc. And you can do this anytime you want to! lol

EDIT: And if you crash it, you will survive and the car gets repaired at no expense to you! glad you had good dreams at least! Better than a nightmare
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 10:39 AM)me50 Wrote: Driving a Porsche while dreaming is the best way to do it. You can do anything you want to and it is all legal! You don't have to pay for the car, insurance, tags, etc. And you can do this anytime you want to! lol

Thanks for the laugh -- it's one of those mornings when I need a laugh.
Grin
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are realistic goals? flcpap17 27 2,017 10-31-2020, 07:04 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Diagnosis] Just Diagnosed/Few Questions on DME Meeting NJYanks 24 2,586 12-29-2019, 11:24 AM
Last Post: old82
  What to ask about during initial meeting? mesenteria 7 1,281 09-28-2018, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Looking for Info before meeting with Doc. Have gathered some data already. lowT 26 6,570 07-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Last Post: lowT
  Went to AWAKE Meeting tonight Sparkle 11 4,342 02-27-2015, 10:17 PM
Last Post: me50
  Atlanta CPAP Users Group - Meeting 08/18/2013 DreamDiver 4 2,424 08-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Atlanta CPAP Users Group - Meeting 07/21/2013 DreamDiver 5 2,832 07-22-2013, 06:28 AM
Last Post: DreamDiver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.