Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy
RE: Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy
The first time I took documents in to my PCP, I did not get my prescription as I thought I would.

My PCP had me turn off all alarms, audible and vibratory, on the Checkme O2 Max Pulse/Oximeter and the IPhone app ViHealth. The alarms we encouraging me to breath deeper thus minimizing the SpO2 drops. She want me to keep the Pulse/Oximeter on before and after BiPAP session so they could see how much SpO2 responded to therapy. And how fast it dropped after taking the mask off. She also requested to have me sleep without BiPAP therapy to see what effect non supported sleep, had on my recorded SpO2.

Remember the object is to document the worst of conditions, in order to qualify for the supplemental O2.

Wishing you well.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I have before data (8 days) my ODIs were much higher but my % of time under 90% was only slightly higher than after PAP therapy. I showed up at my doctors office and I had the wrong day, mu appointment is tomorrow. I have 8 days of reports (both daily OSCAR and O2 Insight Pro) pls my spreadsheet I put together and the stats and overview from OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
My PCP office referred me to a pulmonologist as she felt she could not prescribe O2 without them for insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's good that you have a portable concentrator. That should help. Are your oxygen levels good during the day, over 95% ? If so you probably could start with 1-2L.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the O2 concentrator last night at 1.5 l, I will go up to 2 tonight to see if that helps further. My O2 numbers were better than most of my nights so it is helping. But not where I want them to be so I will see if 2.0 L is the number. I also ordered some stuff for hose management as that was an issues with adding O2 hose to the adapter near my connection. Glad I use teletubby style as I don't think I could have done elephant trunk. I will look into the correct hose from RESMED for supplemental O2 but can't find it from DMEs on google search, can find it for the 10s, but not 11. Thanks for your input. 

Post Reply Post Reply
First you need to read this information about supplemental O2 with *PAP.

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph..._with_CPAP

Was that O2 insight report from last night under supplemental O2 with your ResMed providing therapy pressure?

I would expect concentrator flow to be ~4 to 5 L/m minimum when used with a *PAP Mask.

Some one else with more experience, will chime in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed has not apparently released a ClimateLineAir 11 Oxy, but you might call some of the online suppliers to check. You can use a standard 22 mm tube with an oxygen bleed adapter or "oxygen enrichment adapter". Your Aircurve 11 will work with a Resmed Slimline Tubing for Airsense S9, 10 and 11. That is $35 and the oxygen enrichment adapter is $5 at Supplier #1. Code SLEEP2024 for 25% off.

I discussed before there is a lot of dilution air in a PAP circuit so you will have to use a higher bleed rate to increase FiO2 enough to make a difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 27 588 1 minute ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Therapy Beginner Help papercupprincess 7 169 1 hour ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 79 1,782 11 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 10 405 Yesterday, 10:19 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 474 Yesterday, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,880 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 90 04-25-2024, 02:30 AM
Last Post: secunix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.