Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Sense of pressure on head during the day
Sense of pressure on head during the day
For some time, I've been experiencing a sense of pressure/weight (not pain) on my head during the day (on the surface, not "inside"). Sometimes it's in the area of my middle forehead and at other times in various locations around my head and sometimes on top of my head. These are all areas (except the top of my head) where my CPAP head gear touches my head during the night. I'm wondering if anyone has had similar sensations and if you've found a way to mitigate them?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sense of pressure on head during the day
I had similar sensations when using "Quattro Air" FFM and getting it too tight. I slept well but I had these minor twitches/tingling in the areas where it was tight.

You can either reduce tension in the Quattro headgear you are using OR try a Resmed AirFit F10 mask. They have removed the forehead anchor and moved it down to the cheek area.

Now I am on a P10 Nasal Pillows mask and it is by far the most comfortable and least amount of work to deal with.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
You might like to try pad-a-cheek covers which help cushion the pressure of the headgear straps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2015, 04:43 PM)Sleeping in Seattle Wrote: For some time, I've been experiencing a sense of pressure/weight (not pain) on my head during the day (on the surface, not "inside"). Sometimes it's in the area of my middle forehead and at other times in various locations around my head and sometimes on top of my head. These are all areas (except the top of my head) where my CPAP head gear touches my head during the night. I'm wondering if anyone has had similar sensations and if you've found a way to mitigate them?

Hi Sleeping in Seattle,

Perhaps your straps are too tight and are cutting off the blood circulation to your scalp.

Back in the days when I was using the ResMed Mirage Quattro as my mask, I found I needed to use a gel pad (ResMed Gecko Nasal Pad) to stop leaking around my eyes and to protect my nose bridge from getting hurt from the straps needing to be too tight. If using the gel pad, the straps could be worn looser without leaking occurring around the eyes.

When I changed to the ResMed Quattro FX and then the AirFit F10, I found that, instead of a gel pad, I need to use a mask liner in order to control leaks, allowing me to adjust the straps more loosely, so that blood circulation is not cut off. I use RemZzz mask liners. One lasts me about a week if I am careful to not follow directions (not stretch out the mask liner)

I think the headgear for the ResMed AirFit F10 is more long-lasting and works much better than the headgear for the Mirage Quattro or the Quattro FX.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,255 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 335 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 238 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 404 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,434 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 891 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Air Sense 10 SD card LED flashing red BNelson 2 576 10-12-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: BNelson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.