Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] May be Too Late for Me Too
RE: May be Too Late for Me Too
I suppose it's probable that locating your CPAP closer to the window would have the desired effect. My recent stay in the hospital gave me the "hospital smell" in the mask while using my ASV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Mr. Sarcastic!  I shall keep that in mind if I ever decide to rearrange the current setup.  In the meantime I shall try to be satisfied with the feel of the outside air passing over my head and take a few deep breaths before putting on my mask.  Incidentally, last night was one of those rare 'perfect nights':  Softly falling rain (which my crappy hearing keeps me from hearing), rumbling thunder in the distance (never close), comfortable temperature, nice breeze from the window behind the head of the bed.  Doesn't happen much around here, usually too noisy, lots of wind (and rain), too cold / too warm, etc.
Carl / Tubaman
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, tropical Minnesota!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello -- it's been a while!
I have been chugging along without too many disasters, thanks to much help from you folks!

My old (current) pulse oximeter, a CMS50i , is getting so dim I can barely read its display anymore.

I've located two different (new) pulse oximeters online, part numbers FL320 and FL330 from a place (online) in Illinois.  Their configurations appear good for sleeping (strap on wrist unit with a thumb/index finger ring sensor that goes around the base of your thumb or index finger).  The FL330 appears to be designed for sleeping and for CPAP users (what could be better if it's true?).  However, being paranoid as I am, I figured this forum may have somebody familiar with these particular devices and who could advise me if they're worth investing in (they're both kind of expensive).

I'm firmly convinced that a pulse oximeter is a necessary accessory to my CPAP  therapy as I am also using oxygen assist (concentrator).  I think the CMS50f is still available but I could not find any CMS50i units online (the version I'm currently using).  Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.  My past experience with a CMS50e and now my CMS50i which both had their displays fade away over time has made me think I should try to find something different with better display life.  However, I cannot find any user comments or reviews on/of the FL320 and/or FL330 units online and that scares me.

Thank you in advance for any information you can give me.  I hope I haven't violated any forum rules by saying too much about these products.

Carl / Tubaman
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
Those units are made, or at least uses the name, Wellue.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson:

Thank you!  Now to review their offerings to try to find a unit.  I suffer from much lack of motivation these days.

Tubaman / Carl
Post Reply Post Reply
Tubaman, glad to see you're still in the fight. Mention how your oxy meter does after you have it for a bit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Wellue %SpO2 pulse oximeter arrived this afternoon (Wednesday, 3/4/2020, by USPS).  I ordered it Sunday so delivery was quick.

So far I have reviewed the instructions, installed the AP on my phone (Android 'burner' phone), and downloaded the PC software to my Win7 desktop.  I have not used either the AP or the software yet.  That remains for later, after I collect some data.  It is supposed to be able to hold 4 sleep sessions worth of data.  It appears to be designed specifically for sleep data.

I have charged the monitor's battery and am now wearing it (it is running).  It visually displays %SpO2 and pulse values, nothing else.  The display automatically turns off after a few seconds to save the battery. The values it is currently showing agree quite well with what I get with my older Contec CMS50i pulse oximeter (used since January 2017) -- which display is barely readable anymore.

It seems to be fairly comfortable.  I have the device mounted on my left wrist with the probe on my left index finger.  I have average sized hands (I think) and it is reasonably comfortable.  The probe might take some getting accustomed to as it fits around the base of the finger, not on the fingertip so it shouldn't come off during the night as the Contec occasionally does.

Unlike the CMS50i, I can use my index finger with no problems with the probe attached.

I will post more information after 1, or more, nights using the new oximeter.  If you're interested, 'stay tuned'.

Tubaman/Carl

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It's progress there just to get the oximeter Carl. best wishes on making some successful strides
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope this will give you the information you need—and bring peace of mind.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] 5-6 Weeks into CPAP Therapy, Sleep Getting Worse of Late SleepyLP 17 1,021 01-16-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Treatment] AHI lower than ever, still struggling in my late 20s davigalindo 31 2,583 10-18-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: davigalindo
  Can anyone access this latest article regarding UARS by the late Prof. Guilleminault? ChinaMan 7 1,467 10-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Too Late for CPAP? OldCoot 67 12,145 09-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  MYAIR: PENALIZED FOR PEEING, SLEEPING LATE, OR FILLING THE WATER CHAMBER srlevine1 24 7,675 08-13-2016, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Too Late? GTOdude 47 10,194 07-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.