Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] May be Too Late for Me Too
RE: May be Too Late for Me Too
Well, at least the change is to normal. I can't explain your fluctuating insp/exp times. They move inversely to each other so the respiration rate stays constant, and the flow rate line is not remarkably affected at this zoom level. My best guess is that you have some form of irregularity during exhale that the machine variably picks up as the start of inspiration. Where this irregularity is absent, the full expiration time is counted, and where it is present, the machine records expiration has ended in inspiration begun. Look closely for a brief up-tick during expiration before the zero line is crossed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Hello.
Been a while, everything has been chugging along OK so I've had nothing to say until last night when I got a strange indication in my SleepyHead graphs (see attached).  Kind of looks like I stopped breathing for a ~minute and then restarted without my CPAP doing anything about it.  Then again, maybe my CPAP machine had a malfunction for a minute.  Since my breathing appears to have been 'fading away' to nothing just prior to the dead period, this looks like it might actually be a real event that the CPAP machine didn't try to get me breathing again.

I'm hoping it's a machine malfunction of some kind???

Thank you!
Tubaman (Carl)
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like CPAP was turned off than back on.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which could mean a momentary power glitch?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's possible.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I would think if it was a power bump the pressures would have reset to the min. Could just be the machine didn't record for 50 seconds.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The capacitor used in their power brick seems to very large. Mine will keep the green power LED on for about 30 seconds after pulling the wall plug. I'm wondering if it will provide just enough residual power to prevent a total reset.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
auto-start and a real (large) leak might be another explanation - a 'bug' in SH as well - as well as a data-glitch (even SD-Cards can have their fair share of "hickups" - as well as the card-reader - before beeing too much scared: try run it through ResScan - or a new, clean profile in SH - copying the card on the hard drive sometimes does help a lot! ... as well as keeping an eye on the "sessions")

just jugding from your breathing pattern: something happened!
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess is power outage. Mine looked that way one nite . Come to find out we had a power outage. Slept rite through it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tubaman,  I love your name. I played Tuba all through High School.   like
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] 5-6 Weeks into CPAP Therapy, Sleep Getting Worse of Late SleepyLP 17 912 01-16-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Treatment] AHI lower than ever, still struggling in my late 20s davigalindo 31 2,423 10-18-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: davigalindo
  Can anyone access this latest article regarding UARS by the late Prof. Guilleminault? ChinaMan 7 1,420 10-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Too Late for CPAP? OldCoot 67 12,015 09-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  MYAIR: PENALIZED FOR PEEING, SLEEPING LATE, OR FILLING THE WATER CHAMBER srlevine1 24 7,585 08-13-2016, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Too Late? GTOdude 47 10,108 07-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.