Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] May be Too Late for Me Too
RE: May be Too Late for Me Too
Programming humor accepted (even though I don't get it).

I do have questions related to my relatively new installation (mid-February 2019) of my FlashAir chip:

I just received the following email message from ResMed:
"The serial number of the machine you had on file with myAir previously had a relationship with a provider. That provider has removed this machine from your account so it has also been removed from your myAir account.

To continue using myAir, please sign in @ xxxx.  You will be prompted to provide the new serial and device number of the machine you are currently using. The serial and device numbers can be found on the back of your machine."

Can my new FlashAir chip affect my radio(?) connection with my medical provider?  Do they use Wi-Fi to communicate with my Resmed CPAP machine?  I've been using the same CPAP machine since 2016.

Could the new FlashAir chip have somehow started blocking communication with my medical (sleep) provider?  I didn't think the two communication methods (FlashAir Wi-Fi) and ResMed (whatever they use) were related.

I provided MyAir with the S/N, etc., information they requested and I have contacted my provider (MyChart) requesting an explanation of why they removed my machine from their system.  I have not received any replies / explanations yet as to what has happened -- probably too soon.

Thanks!
Tubaman/Carl
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I tried to remove the URL by deleting it and typing "xxxx" but your system posted it anyway.  I edited it to remove the URL and I think I succeeded.
Carl
"We run as fast as we can.  To get as far as we can.  So that when we finally get there we have that much further to run to get back to where we should have been."
Post Reply Post Reply
No, the FlashAir doesn't have anything to do with MyAir. Your DME was discontinuing their affiliation with your CPAP. It was probably registered through them to your MyAir account. . . No Biggie!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mr. Nape:
I know I should let this go (as you requested), however, your statement "Forth programing in you did?" has been bugging me all day.  It won't go away -- you said it was some kind of programming humor which I cannot grasp.

I have searched my mind regarding the programming languages I am familiar with: Fortran, C/C++, Microsoft GWBasic, Microsoft Assembler and SQL and I cannot relate that statement to any programming code in any of those programming languages.

I wish you would explain to me what I, in my obvious naiveté, am missing regarding your meaning with this statement...?  Otherwise this will probably bug me for days and days (or longer).

Thank you (for your help getting my FlashAir functioning properly).  So far it seems to be working OK.
Tubaman / Carl
Post Reply Post Reply
Forth is/was a programming language that is written "reverse polish notation", somewhat like how Yoda spoke in Star Wars.  An example would be like adding 2+2, would be written as, 2 2 + .  I believe it is based on how the compiler reads the code. Much like a C compiler reads from left to right whereas, a Pascal compiler reads right to left. When I saw your computer history, I assumed that you were probably exposed to that language.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2019, 07:18 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Forth is/was a programming language that is written "reverse polish notation", somewhat like how Yoda spoke in Star Wars.  An example would be like adding 2+2, would be written as, 2 2 + .  I believe it is based on how the compiler reads the code.  Much like a C compiler reads from left to right whereas, a Pascal compiler reads right to left.  When I saw your computer history, I assumed that you were probably exposed to that language.

Why the Hewlett Packard calculator was only popular with super-nerds. Not to mention its cost!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Another successful FlashAir data transfer for last 'night'!  I guess the problem has been resolved -- at least I hope that is the case.

I heard about 'reverse polish notation' and even tried to understand it back in the day (now over 25 years ago).  For about 7 1/2 years I programmed mostly in FORTRAN on a HP-1000 (dinosaur even in those days) and then moved on to a Unix platform -- still FORTRAN, however.  I got so I could write FORTRAN code as fast, or faster, than I could write a Microsoft Word documents.  Then I got laid off (they went after anybody over 55 and I was 56 at the time).  Since then I programmed on my p.c.s as a hobby but I never got involved in 'reverse polish' coding.  I stuck with Microsoft's GWBasic and Assembly language (mostly 8 bit but a little 16 bit) and continued with C/C++ (Borland's versions).  I gradually burned out and now I just use my computer for news, online purchases, and your Apnea Forum.  I still have my old 1994 vintage Borland C/C++ compiler on my computer which I (very) occasionally use for a grocery shopping program I wrote (C/C++ with a dab of assembly language) which allows my wife to create grocery lists for me (she is pretty much wheelchair bound and uses her computer quite a lot).

I have never been interested in 'reverse polish' programming as my mind doesn't seem to work that way.  My sister had an H.P. calculator set up with 'reverse polish' logic and I could never figure it out.  I'm not sure that she did either but she had this thing about impressing people.  I got her calculator when she died in 2009 but its battery was gone and I never did figure it out.  My old T.I. programmable calculators worked just fine for me at that time.

Anyway, thank you for all your help getting the FlashAir system to work again.
Carl
Post Reply Post Reply
Just holler if you have any problems.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
The previous night (April 11) I had an incident that proves (for me, anyway) that a good AHI value is not a guarantee that my body's blood oxygen level is OK.  I forgot to start my oxygen concentrator when I went to bed and my blood oxygen was quite low as a result (74.8 minutes below 88% where 88% is considered 'red line' minimum for blood oxygen level).  I had a SleepyHead AHI value of .95, quite good for me lately.  This covered a sleep period of about 8 hours (I used my pulse oximeter software and SH software to chart the data).

I slept about the same as I usually do and felt about the same when I awoke.  I did not realize this had happened until I crunched the data later on my computer.  If I had not had my pulse oximeter running, I would never have known about the low blood oxygen levels as the AHI level was quite acceptable.

This is kind of scary for me since I do not always use my pulse oximeter every sleep cycle.  I try to remember to turn on my oxygen concentrator every night but I guess I forget now and then.  Without my pulse oximeter I would never have known about last night.

For your information, Tubaman / Carl

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Why have you not asked your doctor about supplemental oxygen bleed to your CPAP circuit? Very easy to do, and you seem to meet the criteria for approval.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] 5-6 Weeks into CPAP Therapy, Sleep Getting Worse of Late SleepyLP 17 911 01-16-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Treatment] AHI lower than ever, still struggling in my late 20s davigalindo 31 2,423 10-18-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: davigalindo
  Can anyone access this latest article regarding UARS by the late Prof. Guilleminault? ChinaMan 7 1,420 10-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Too Late for CPAP? OldCoot 67 12,015 09-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  MYAIR: PENALIZED FOR PEEING, SLEEPING LATE, OR FILLING THE WATER CHAMBER srlevine1 24 7,585 08-13-2016, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Too Late? GTOdude 47 10,108 07-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.