Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nocturnal power outage again
Nocturnal power outage again
So, I was sitting at my com-puter last night about 21:30 when there was a pop outside and everything went dark.

I poked my head outside and saw that folks on the other side of the street had lights.  Folks on the next couple of blocks down, in an older subdivision, had lights.  The south half of our subdivision was dark.  Chatted with neighbors, called power company to reprot.  They said it would be back on by 23:30.  So, I pulled down a lamp and hooked it to a reserve battery and listened to radio for a while.  Then I decided as it was past 22:00, I could probably just go to bed and sleep through it.  Checked the automated system with power co and they were then expecting restoration at 00:00.  I put on my mask, fired up my machine, cranked the humogrifier down to to -0- and drifted off.  Humogrification off, my unit should safely yield 8 nights of use on a 35 AH battery.  Lamp by bed lit up at 23:15 so I rolled over and killed the light switch then drifted back off to sleep knowing the the CPAP has switched back over to AC mains and battery was recharging from it's minor exercise.  Woke up and trundled to the kitchen at about 06:30 and noted that the coffee machine said the time was 03:30.  So power dropped again overnight and had come back on sometime around 03:00.  checked and my phone showed the doorbell cam had dropped off again at 02:00 so we had another hour long outage I got to sleep throguh.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nocturnal power outage again
Pretty good auto switching backup there. There’s this electric backup from a company called EGO, it has stuff at Home Depot and other stores like electric trimmers, mowers, etc. and this battery pack powered version of an electric generator. It looks and sounds interesting, but it won’t automatically switch on and off line like your home built system, at least as far as I can tell.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nocturnal power outage again
I keep my Resmed Airsense 10 plugged into a computer UPS which is good for around 2 hours if power went off in middle of night. I keep a high capacity lithium ion battery pack as a backup as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,793 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,428 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 981 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 871 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 570 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.