Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Devilbiss Anomaly
Devilbiss Anomaly
My DV5 apap has started to show high leak readings--30% to 40%.  I have checked the hose and mask for obvious suspects.  The device feels like it is working correctly (I sleep well),  and I don't hear leaks like I normally would expect.  Perhaps a false positive?
   My apap is 6 1/2 years old.
   Any suggestions?  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Devilbiss Anomaly
(06-20-2019, 08:43 AM)lanecito Wrote: My DV5 apap has started to show high leak readings--30% to 40%.  I have checked the hose and mask for obvious suspects.  The device feels like it is working correctly (I sleep well),  and I don't hear leaks like I normally would expect.  Perhaps a false positive?
   My apap is 6 1/2 years old.
   Any suggestions?  Thanks

How old is your mask? Is the fit and seal ok?  I know a couple folk that can sleep through the night with high leaks.  If you have insurance coverage, change out the hose and mask and see if there is a difference.

If your considering replacing your APAP, do your research first.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
DeVillbiss makes wonderful machines and are vastly under-appreciated by many folks on the forum. They tend to be built like tanks in comparison to some.

But, 6 1/2 years old is at about 30% past the expected life of the unit. Which would likely have nothing to do with leaks (leak are, as you already mentioned, a function of mask, tube, seal and face contact, not machine.)

But at that age, if you have been using it daily for an average of 7 hours, probably has almost 17,000 hours on it. That's a lot to expect from a machine. Especially a machine that is for the most part maintenance free. It may work another five years, but it is more likely to fail sooner rather than later. It might make a fine emergency backup to a newer machine.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the machine show constant leaks all the night or fluctuating leaks?
If the former, probably a failure.
If the later, probably real leaks you do not notice while asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] DeVilbiss Smartlink Module DV5M fault innovativekiwi 0 600 01-10-2023, 01:43 AM
Last Post: innovativekiwi
  OSCAR + Devilbiss DV64 questions Cuppa 6 637 11-19-2022, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Cuppa
  DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Auto Adjust Error message E06 MSGabbani 2 1,072 08-13-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: MSGabbani
  [CPAP] Help with Devilbiss DV6 CPAP data and settings Catalynux 45 5,663 06-30-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Devilbiss Intellipap disassembly REMember 5 1,079 03-31-2022, 07:27 AM
Last Post: REMember
  Devilbiss 12 volt power cable Cuppa 1 881 09-24-2021, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  Devilbiss discontinuing cpap production Mutineer 1 1,392 09-11-2021, 10:19 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.