Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Nearly new ASV machine settings
RE: Nearly new ASV machine settings
This is really awesome. I also just got around to seeing the posts. Congratulations. How are the past few nights going? Are you getting more alert, perhaps getting some REM rebound [lots of dreaming?].

I read that when a person gets sleep deprived, and then gets to have healthy sleep, the first thing the body does is REM rebound. Then dreaming trails a bit, and the body then gets SWS rebound [more than normal deep slow wave sleep].

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been a week of ASV, after stopping CPAP. Leaks were a bit of a propblem, I have had to abandon the P10, sorry RG...I have a small head and well with ASV pressure it just did not work for me..

Trying the Nuance pro pillow and the Mirage FX nasal masks, the nasal mask is very good on leaks and is so quiet, if I can tame the slight bruising around the nose I might have a winner. The Nuance is good, it stays in place, mostly, and is now my pillow back up.

One thing that has been a surprise, I got a small ear infection, and did not at first link it to the ASV. Then today I was reading the clinician manual again and there it was in side effects, ear infections and even eye irritation which I had the first few nights. I have reduced pressure a little to ease the ears into therapy.

I am very happy with the data from ASV, not a whole lot of energy yet, but way better than on CPAP and no xPAP at all. Sleeping mostly through the night, no snoring or restless legs.

Last night I had an AHI of 1.8, 1.03 Hyp, 0.77 unclassified apneas...so pretty good...

Not going to say this is a success yet, I have a couple of respiratory tests to do, and a visit with my first sleep doc to get my results from way back last fall...don't ask, its Canada...lol

Bye for now..

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2015, 06:11 PM)storywizard Wrote: Last night I had an AHI of 1.8, 1.03 Hyp, 0.77 unclassified apneas...so pretty good...

Storywizard

Those are great numbers Story, keep up the good work. I'm impressed!
Post Reply Post Reply
ohhh, erieeee..the zero club....

[Image: f10V1zLl.jpg]

Now I guess the body needs to heal...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow.... Just wow....................
Post Reply Post Reply
Dang you Storywizard, maybe I need your magic machine. I have never hit zero.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations! And it looks like the pressures are now more reasonable without those huge spikes, so you should feel a lot better. Keep up the good work!
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic Story, that is great to hear. I am very happy for you after all you went through to get to this point. Congrats guy. I hope you will write this whole story up in the CPAP success forum. Okay

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2015, 10:37 AM)storywizard Wrote: ohhh, erieeee..the zero club....

[Image: f10V1zLl.jpg]

Now I guess the body needs to heal...

Storywizard

Serious congrats, my fellow ASV user! I have had 0.0 for two nights in a row, after I decided to turn my 5 minute ramp off.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2015, 08:00 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Fantastic Story, that is great to hear. I am very happy for you after all you went through to get to this point. Congrats guy. I hope you will write this whole story up in the CPAP success forum. Okay

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I'll second that nomination Story. You are a tribute to not letting fear and failure get in your way. I'm very impressed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,059 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 147 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 283 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 334 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 885 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Help with initial settings for cpap machine jtrops 11 837 11-11-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with machine settings ttwhite1 19 1,346 10-25-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: ttwhite1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.