Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Need lots of help with my graphs
Need lots of help with my graphs
Okay, this is my first time......Hello. Using my cpap is life changing and I am trying to get my mom tests this week. I need help with the chart readings. my results are all over the place. I cannot find the special sweet spot setting. my readings look goofy at all the settings. started at 6 for ten nights, 6.8 for 8 nights 7 for 10 days. not happy going on the hunt with feedback from the numbers to tell me were the sweet spot is! Is there a good book to read? help please everyone sounds so nice
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need lots of help with my grafts
is everyone asleep, more activity in the morning?okay take care
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi yoganutt and welcome to Apnea Board
Most of our members are snoozing by now. Everyone sweet spot is different, why are changing your setting? Do you have a followup with the sleep doc. What chart reading are you talking about AHI, leak, etc....Post some charts to give some idea to members who uses SlepyHead.
Be patient - Rome was not built in a day. The all important is "How do you feel". All the jargon might seems overwhelming at first and especially for the sleep deprived. Folk here are very helpful, they helped me a great deal on my CPAP journey.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Yoganutt..I am fairly new here as well....I can still remember your pain, but don't know enough to help you. Others will join in, never fear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi yoganutt, First of all, Welcome! to the forum.! I understand that you need lots of help with your graphs, just keep checking back into this board. I know this is difficult to hear but the first thing you need to do is, be patient.! All of this takes time and sometimes, LOTS of it and patience.! Best of luck to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yoga,

Welcome! As asked, why (and based on what) are you changing your treatment pressure? Your profile shows you have an S9 Elite (solid, data capable machine) and are using Sleephead. What are your AHI (Apnea Hypopnea Index) and leak numbers (median, 95%, & max)?

You also may want to download the ResScan software. It is a combersome process (instructions can be found on this forum), but I find the software slightly (very just slightly) preferable to Sleepyhead. It gives your leak as "unintentional" vs. total because it knows the mask and expected flow rates. You can also change your machine setting with ResScan. Again, personal preference. Sleepyhead is a great software.

The more information you can provide the better the forum can give you advice. There are some really smart and good people here that will help. Just stick with us!
Post Reply Post Reply
Howdy Yoganutt !

Check out this page on How to Find the Optimum CPAP pressure:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...re-on-cpap

If you have questions after reading through that info, please let us know.

Welcome

PS - I deleted your post in the other thread because it was nearly identical to the first post in this thread. Thanks.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,034 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Treatment] What Do My Graphs Mean? | OSCAR TiredTim 27 1,480 02-12-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  'Near-perfect' flowrate graphs CPAPnerd 7 431 02-11-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 247 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
Idea New CPAP Oscar Help Graphs triquetralark482 0 191 02-07-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: triquetralark482
  First time PAP user. Need help interpreting graphs. kayblitz 6 347 02-02-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: kayblitz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.