Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Need some help to start treating me apnea with S10 AirCurve VAuto
RE: Need some help to start treating me apnea with S10 AirCurve VAuto
I see the leaks appear when im stating to snore, or is it the other way around and im starting to snore because the mask begins to leak ?
Post Reply Post Reply
My version of logic¹ indicates that leaks are possibly first to arrive, with snoring occurring because the pressure is leaking out.

¹(which may be stuck in some bizarre Dave's world double reverse, triple somersault, pineapple upside-down cake, coffee with way too much cream and sugar, logic thing)
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The high leaks are likely a combination of mouth breathing (spikes) and mask leaking (plateaus). Your flow Limits are higher than we like. And it looks like a night of disturbed sleep, but your numbers are good so I'm sure your doc would be pleased. Other than being stiff how do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel like i am still getting used to all this. thinking of getting a tube support to help with me rolling around more , maybe even a better pillow / the neck thing also ... but mostly trying to break through the 4-5 hour mark and reach a more realistic 6-8 hours of sleep with the device. I also feel a bit more bloated around my chest area.
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it's worth, I was pretty critical when first using CPAP, and nothing seemed to work to stop me from going into very deep Apnoeas.

The turning point was when we bought both a sloping foam wedge pillow unit and, probably the most important piece, a Neck Brace!

The latter was just a basic Sleep Neck Brace, for people on Trains and Planes etc, but I just wear it back to front, with the padded bit under my chin.

I found this out by deduction, because I was not on any Forum then, but wish I had been and seen the comments about Chin Tucking.

But I can say that changed everything, and things improved the same night, and really did get me back from the edge.

I have the added complication of lower limb Osteoarthritis and old injuries, so I struggle to stay in one position because of that pain. Thus, I have no option to stay in one position, or to avoid a certain position, because the pain will just wake me up and rat up getting any decent sleep irrespective of Sleep Apnoea.

The Neck Brace effectively moves with me, so is always there no matter what position I get myself into!

I agree that almost no amount of pressure will help if your head droops onto your chest, especially if your Airway happens to be one that will close up in that position.

I tried many settings, but the Neck Brace was the key to unlocking CPAP/APAP efficacy.

Once I used that, it removed a major hurdle and allowed the CPAP/APAP to keep my Airway open thereafter (I only have a ResMed AirSense 10 AUTOSET).

Neck Braces can be very inexpensive. In the UK, for example, decent ones are around GBP 20.00 Delivered, and you don't really need anything fancy, just something that is well padded and that can be adjusted to fit your neck.

Well worth getting one ASAP to at least check this, or to rule Chin Tucking out.

MoreBeers
Post Reply Post Reply
@ Morebeers. Thanks for sharing your experience, i saw some really inexpensive neck braces (tried with a travel version but its too bulky and my neck hurts after using it in bed) also and im sure to get one soon. My AHI when i got tested was like 59 events per hour when i did the test with the device and i think like 98 when i just used the overnight wire testing device , my Sp02 dropping to 81 % ( even worst to like 65 % during the overnight wire test device ). The very low AHI i'm seeing right now almost seem impossible, the Aircurve Vauto is working its magic for sure.

Day 3 of VAuto.

Changed my tube heating down to 26 *C for tonight and it did not feel bad. Still have not broke over the 5 hour mark yet and only slept on one side so my back is stiff :S but the AHI and graph doesnt look so bad ( i think xD )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Day 4 of Vauto.

I used the machine during my day time sleep and at night . Got some weird results from Oscar .... does it not track AHI for multiple sessions in a day ? im sure my machine said something like 5.x when i closed it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
If I can remember correct, on OSCAR, look for the session boxes near the bottom of the left panel data area. It'll have yellow and other colored boxes. Check to see if all are on.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You mean those 2 yellow ones and the 2h27 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, do all look to be on to you, like they're all active?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 101 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 980 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 149 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 686 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Treating low grade CA with ASV tossinandturnin 17 434 04-13-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Bipap VAuto Settings Help Please jonoc99 5 148 04-12-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,566 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.