Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Need some help to start treating me apnea with S10 AirCurve VAuto
RE: Need some help to start treating me apnea with S10 AirCurve VAuto
I think the machine was not yet set correctly to show my time xD . I am just starting to work on this and at the moment without any medical help because the lack of sleep doctors here and that they are not covered by my insurance. Will go tonight through its settings again when i prepare it. And i have no idea what's happening to cause those obstructions specially, i do find sleeping in my cinema chair better ( drops back and brings out a leg support ) but these graphs are from when i sleep in bed. For now my biggest problem is the fact that i cant use the machine for a longer time ( even when i did the tests back in 2019 i only lasted 220 minutes , had a 56.9 events per hour i think with their cpap ) but i do think its somewhat working ( at least for now )
Post Reply Post Reply
Day 4. First part i've slept on my left arm but i had some leak problems and i think i've turned back on my right arm ( days 1-3 were also on my right arm ). Was able to stay with the device for almost 3 hours this time , guess i started breathing through my mouth later on since the dry mouth was not that bad as yday but still there at the end.
Post Reply Post Reply
Day 5. 4h21m , this is my longest time yet on the machine. Raised the humidity to a 7 here. First part i've slept on my left arm and the second part i slept on my right arm but this time with a different pillow. The dry mouth was manageable somehow. But looking at my graph it feel like they are all over the place during my sleep.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
,I do not see where you have done a factory reset. IMHO this is a mandatory step for any used machine. Why? Because there are a number of minor settings that you don't know if they have been altered. This is just to ensure they are in their normal default position. I see nothing that implies anything is off, this is just precautionary, having been bitten before. Obviously reset your settings.

I think your pressures could be considerably lower as, except for your positional events (collar, keep working on those), you have very few events, including flow Limits.
Try VAuto mode
Min EPAP = 8
Max IPAP = 20
PS=4

This is keeping your PS=4 and letting your machine go where it needs to go.

I can see the min EPAP lower. 9mine is higher simply for comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon beat me to this recommendation. I haven't asked before, is there any reason you have not tried the VAuto mode?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did not yet try the Vauto function because i was trying to go based on my last recommendation back in 2019. But i am willing to try that also because im still learning and improving the settings at the moment.
I have no idea how to do the factory reset thing , it doesnt break the device in any way needing some medical or professional unlock right ?
Post Reply Post Reply
You will not hurt anything.  

If you haven't, it is a good idea to obtain a copy of the clinician manual for your AirCurve.   Go to the CPAP Setup Manuals link, either here or at the top of the page.  Scroll down to Section 3 and copy the exact name for your machine as it is listed.  Now, scroll down further for directions on how to obtain the manual.

To reset your AC10, while in the clinician menu, scroll to the bottom. Look for "Restore Defaults".  This will reset everything except the language and date & time.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Day 1 of VAuto setting.

I've done a default settings on the machine ( only thing that changed was essentials from plus to on ) and set it as Gideon recommended : IPAP 20, EPAP 8, PS 4.

It felt like i was not fighting against the machine anymore using it on VAuto, after 4 hours i do feel somewhat rested. I did not have that dry of a mouth today after using it but because because of my posture / pillows and sleeping on one side my back hurt a bit and i decided to roll around without taking my mask off, tried to continue sleeping but i felt a bit of a pressure in my chest when inhaling so i decided to stop ( next time i'll take my mask off before rolling around to find my position xD ). I think the humidifier set at 7 is my setting for it, now i just need to get used to the amount of water used so i dont waste the distilled water like crazy.

Here are my graphs, thoughts ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Day 2 of Vauto.

No changes to the settings, slept the entire time on my left side. Need to start moving around a bit because i woke up stiff as a plank.

Thoughts on the graph ?

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm seeing some indications that positional Apnea may still be affecting you sometimes. The bigger thing I see is the high leak rate is likely the important issue to fix. I'd be concerned that the leaks are too high for the VAuto to offer its best therapy. Accuracy in controlling therapy and possibly your own comfort might be better with less leaking.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,511 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 466 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.