Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New APAP User - First Night Results
Wink 
New APAP User - First Night Results
Hi Everyone! I am a new to this forum using the infamous Resmed s9 autoset. Settings are on my profile. I just finished my first night using this machine. I was previously using a Remstar SE System One oldschool system with no logging. I notice I have a lot of Clear Airway Events. Is this something I should be worried about?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New APAP User - Sleepyhead First Night Results
(05-21-2018, 02:17 PM)amuse Wrote: Hi Everyone! I am a new to this forum using the infamous Resmed s9 autoset. Settings are on my profile. I just finished my first night using this machine. I was previously using a Remstar SE System One oldschool system with no logging. I notice I have a lot of Clear Airway Events. Is this something I should be worried about?

Your session looks pretty good I suspect the CA's will diminish as you get used to sleeping with the S9 overall a pretty good first night
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to drop EPR to 2cm to cut down on the CA events.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply guys! I will reduce EPR to 2 and see if those Clear Airway Events start to diminish!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum amuse! You'll get lots of helpful advice from experienced users here. Glad you found us!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2018, 02:24 PM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(05-21-2018, 02:17 PM)amuse Wrote: Hi Everyone! I am a new to this forum using the infamous Resmed s9 autoset. Settings are on my profile. I just finished my first night using this machine. I was previously using a Remstar SE System One oldschool system with no logging. I notice I have a lot of Clear Airway Events. Is this something I should be worried about?

Your session looks pretty good I suspect the CA's will diminish as you get used to sleeping with the S9 overall a pretty good first night

Agree.

Give it some time.  Often CA events are false as the machine assumes you are asleep when in actuality your breathing is irregular due to arousals caused by many things related to your treatment (noises, discomfort, air leaks, bloating, ...).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 489 Today, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 375 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,363 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  New APAP machine Robert Detz 0 83 03-13-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Robert Detz
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,107 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 547 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.