Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New CPAP user with OSCAR data---High AHI
New CPAP user with OSCAR data---High AHI
Hi There  I am a new CPAP user.

I dunno how come my AHI is always high, Could any one tell me unless leak reason (I will change L size to M size tomorrow)

any other reason cause so high AHI? and flow rate and mask pressure is normal? other opinion for me to improve AHI? thanx a lot

AHI as below:

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP user with OSCAR data---High AHI
format, if you take the time to read the following wikis, it might make sense. You have clusters of OA that really appear to be positional apnea. Your charts are zoomed in a bit too tight at about 30 seconds. If you post a full night and then close-ups at 2-minute segments, taht will work better.
Positional Apnea http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Soft Cervical Collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try going over OSCAR chart organization a bit and then show us a sleep session not yet zoomed in.
Here's the wiki on organizing the charts http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

What you did show is there's no flow limits or leaks to be concerned about. It may be possible you have clusters of apnea that might be addressed with a soft cervical collar. I see this in at least one area on your events where a series of several apnea flags over what is possibly a few minutes. I see this at 01:30 and even more at 02:00 time on the events graph.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, dear Both:

I try to Organised my OSCAR chart like this, please comment on this, thanx

Post Reply Post Reply
Your big issue is that your obstructive events are clustered. This typically means that you are tucking your chin and thus obstructing your airway. No amount of pressure will correct this. The 'fix' is to use a soft cervical collar, see the link in my signature, which will relieve this obstruction and significantly lower your AHI and OAHI.

I would work on shortening your ramp and eventually turn it off. Most of the old-timers do not use a ramp as it takes away from therapeutic time.

Also I would enable your EPR full time and not just Ramp only.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that's a better view of the chart. I still see clusters of apnea that could be helped with the soft cervical collar.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear all:

Could any one can recommend which brand Collar I can use? thanx
Post Reply Post Reply
This may help:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As the wiki says you can get them at a drugstore or Amazon or eBay. To start just get one and see what happens.

I get a brand, Coreline, off eBay for less than $10. You can wash them, but the foam wears out over time. I average 2 per year.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2020, 12:10 PM)bonjour Wrote: Also I would enable your EPR full time and not just Ramp only.

Why need enable EPR ? it will improve OSA or just flow limit? or other reason? thanx
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 491 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 497 4 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 53 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 67 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 405 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.