Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New CPAP user with OSCAR data---High AHI
RE: New CPAP user with OSCAR data---High AHI
EPR will help your Flow Limit.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2020, 08:26 PM)70sSanO Wrote: As the wiki says you can get them at a drugstore or Amazon or eBay.  To start just get one and see what happens.

I get a brand, Coreline, off eBay for less than $10.  You can wash them, but the foam wears out over time.  I average 2 per year.

John

Thanx, really help a lot

and Thanx you all to answer my question. i will try to get one from amazon or ebay.
Post Reply Post Reply
The normal cervical collar's cover can get hot when sleeping. There is a brand that has a covering that is cooler. The name is, Caldera Releaf Neck Rest.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=23456 Wrote:Crimson Nape pid='347678' dateline='1587919143']The normal cervical collar's cover can get hot when sleeping.  There is a brand that has a covering that is cooler. The name is, Caldera Releaf Neck Rest.

Dear all:

I use cervical collar's cover already, but still need very high pressure value, is it normal? or I need to change to Vauto due to vauto can raise pressure to 25, 

Please advise , thanx a lot

Post Reply Post Reply
Two things that are probably happening.  You are sleeping on your back and your Flow Limit is what is driving your pressure so high.  I would recommend setting your EPR to 3 and "Full Time".  Try sleeping on your side.

The recommendation above is based on the report listing an AirSense 10 for Her. Your profile lists an AirCurve 10 VAuto. Why are you using the AS 10?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2020, 09:00 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Two things that are probably happening.  You are sleeping on your back and your Flow Limit is what is driving your pressure so high.  I would recommend setting your EPR to 3 and "Full Time".  Try sleeping on your side.

The recommendation above is based on the report listing an AirSense 10 for Her.  Your profile lists an AirCurve 10 VAuto.  Why are you using the AS 10?

It is my backup machine, my vauto sned to change motor already
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2020, 09:00 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Two things that are probably happening.  You are sleeping on your back and your Flow Limit is what is driving your pressure so high.  I would recommend setting your EPR to 3 and "Full Time".  Try sleeping on your side.

The recommendation above is based on the report listing an AirSense 10 for Her.  Your profile lists an AirCurve 10 VAuto.  Why are you using the AS 10?

Ok, but if I setting EBR 3 and full time, that mean even I set up max pressure as 20, epap only 17, epap maybe too low to open airway? Right?
Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure is high because of flow limits, not events, set EPR=3 full time
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2020, 11:51 PM)bonjour Wrote: The pressure is high because of flow limits, not events, set EPR=3 full time

Hi there

How to know high pressure is because of flow limit or OA events?

My understanding is if I setting ramp only then my EPAP can set higher to deal OA events, 

like I have wrong concept.

SO normally EPR setting 2 is proper for normal people, right?

Ramp only is not good idea? When need to setting Ramp only? thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

How about his idea?  Ramp only is really better? thaks
https://myapnea.org/forum/not-understand-epr-setting
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 340 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 116 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.