Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New Member: Looking for some insight on OSCAR info.
RE: New Member: Looking for some insight on OSCAR info.
ASV appears to be a solution you will be considering.  Supplier #2 sells lightly used machines with low hours and a warranty for $1349 which is a significant discount.  ASV uses the necessary exhale pressure to keep the airway patent against obstructive apnea, and then uses a minimum pressure support for comfort (much like EPR), then uses adaptive pressure support on a breath by breath basis to treat central apnea and hypopnea.  The bottom line is most people end up with near-zero AHI.  The specific machine you want is the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV.  We have coached many members to successful use of the ASV.  Here is the titration protocol:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that's correct, the ASV will tackle all apnea very well. Until COPD kicked up, I was between 0 and 3 AHI, 6-8 hours of sleep, for 3 years.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=27508]I'm really grateful for the support as a day 1 member. I've attached my daily reading from last night again,. Can someone tell me what the #s are in the brackets under the Central Apnea? they are random. is that how many seconds the apnea is? Some are as high as 30.
Post Reply Post Reply
They are not random, they are event durations in seconds.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am surprised the PAP didn't run out of purple flags. There were at least 46 CA events. Ask the duck if he'd like to share your apnea suffering. Have him hold his breath for at least 10 seconds every 7.4 minutes. Ask how he slept.

Mornincoffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now I know why you’re called sarcastic Dave!lol having this info broken down for me is so valuable. I’m going to keep checking my daily logs to see if there is a pattern of change. will try and get an appointment in a few weeks so I can send him this most info. 

I changed my pressure from doctor setting of 12 to 13. He gave me the setting in 2015 and last night I got basically my lowest AHI. 

My Airsense has the CDMA network chip/card in it so it doesn’t upload to the cloud anymore, doctor can’t check remotely. 

Having Oscar is literally mind blowing and seeing how you guys are well versed gives me some encouragement that even if my doctor doesn’t seem to care too much, others can point me in the right direction!
Post Reply Post Reply
We would rather you keep your doc on your good side as he can do somethings we cannot, like write prescriptions. Who knows, we might be able to educate him.
go in showing him the data, and why you made the changes you did, even ask him if he thinks it was a good thing. sho him the ResMed Titration guide. you got the idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the right tools, apnea is easy to fix. If/when you get the ASV, it only takes a few minutes to set up and you can finally sleep well rested after 5 years. Trust us, we can get you on the right track. This ResMed ASV has Mode, mask type, then 4 pressure settings EPAP Min/Max and PS Min/Max, and your humidifier and heated hose if you have one. I guess you may want the right date/time as well. Mmm that's about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I have had a pretty good 2 weeks on my Air Sense. I've had my AHI get as low as below 2 which has never happened. It's clear my apnea is mostly Central, which I believe is treatment emergent as my sleep studies I do not believe highlighted any Centrals. 

Last night i passed out before putting on my mask, woke up at 2:40 and put it on. and when I woke up after almost 6 hrs of machine use, my mask seal was perfect but my AHI was 21! and I had 2 very long Cheyne Strokes Respiration events of 33 mins, 30 mins and 29 mins) 

Can anyone tell me what they think could have happened? 

I've attached 2 days from earlier this week and then last night. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Frank

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll have to let the guru chart readers give insight into the supposed CSR areas.

I do think that CA is still a bit of an issue. CA are consistently inconsistent, meaning up one night and down the next without setting changes. I'll suggest 2 setting changes. 1 is to turn off the Ramp. A pressure of straight 4 for 25 minutes is going to let events in and it's adding to the variable pressure, both of which reduces therapy effectiveness and comfort. Second is to turn down EPR to 1. See what OSCAR looks like after next use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [CPAP] Looking for Oscar data insight SleepyJeff 4 151 03-09-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: SleepyJeff
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 601 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 248 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 679 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
Video [Treatment] Looking for Insight on my CPAP data scarcityj 6 380 01-16-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: scarcityj
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 487 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.