Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New Member: Looking for some insight on OSCAR info.
RE: New Member: Looking for some insight on OSCAR info.
Thanks. I am gong to adjust tonight. I forgot to last night. Last night was the exact same as Friday night. I have gone a few weeks of feeling okay to good and now I feel like a zombie again. Funny, if you look at the OSCAR software, they have a rating scale and on one end is "zombie" exactly how I describe myself on my bad days/weeks/months.

[attachment=27982]

[attachment=27981]
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you still have an ASV enroute? I thought that was mentioned a few posts earlier. And yes you probably win today's zombie award. Enjoy your free cup of Apnea Board virtual coffee.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted more of a track record of my central apnea before seeing my doctor. Given what's transpired this weekend I'm going to make appointment tomorrow with him. hope to get a virtual meeting this week or next to advocate for ASV. In the last year my CA index is 5.26. so I would think that would put me in ASV range! Just shocking how earlier this week I had an AHI of 1.82 and typically around 5 and then the last 2 nights it was at 20.

Thanks for the virtual coffee. will go nicely with my Large MCDs coffee I already had lol

Are the Cheyne Stokes respiration events a real serious concern? I've read its tied to heart disease. My dad has COPD and congestive heart failure but is 82. I'm 40. That's what frightens me the most. Are these warning signs I could die overnight?
Post Reply Post Reply
CSR is a problem if it is real.  Sometimes it can be flagged by the machine, but it really isn't CSR.  If you don't mind, please post a magnified section of your flow rate showing the CSR sequence.  It's useful to be able to see the breathing pattern.  Perhaps someone more expert than I could further comment on the flow rate waveform.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback. Here is a flow rate zoomed in for a few minutes during CSR. hopefully someone is able to provide some insight on this. 

[attachment=27983]
Post Reply Post Reply
For those that has CSR flags and is proven to be real, yes it's a serious issue. I don't know the attributes that makes it definite.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I gather, you need an EEG to fully diagnose real CSR. Resmed misused the term for periodic breathing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd suggest then that you seriously pursue getting doc to see the CA and put a fire under him/her to get the script for the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. If there were cardiac issues, I'd think you'd know it. I have a heart condition called PVC or Premature Ventricular Contractions. It causes palpltations, decreases my oxygen level, and makes me fatigued when it happens. I had to get a echocardiogram to qualify for ASV in 2017, due to a flawed study called SERVE-HF. It still applies now, but is expected to be replaced with a more accurate study. Again, it's just a hurdle to jump. If you know you personally have a heart condition, I am sure you'd be seeing a cardiac doc and he'd have told you xyz about the heart.

Note when I took the echocardiogram in 2017 with an LVEF-left ventricle ejection fraction was 55%, and my PVCs were undiagnosed but present then. Earlier this year, I had a nuclear stress test at the order of my cardiac doctor and the nurse at his office. Part of this stress test is an echocardiogram. This time the LVEF was 63%. That's after using the ASV for about 3.5 years.

The above is offered as learning info. I again suggest getting doc on the phone soon to get the ball rolling for the ASV. As is it's still not to be delivered to you for a few months even if doc did a script for ASV tomorrow. When the time comes, only accept the ResMed ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not reviewed back to the beginning of this thread, but it's obvious your CA events have become predominate. If you have not tried therapy without EPR, that is your next step, otherwise get a titration study to evaluate ASV. I think it's likely your CA will be reduced at fixed pressure without EPR, but it may not be as comfortable. I would suggest trying a pressure of 10 without EPR to see what you get. You have done a great job of controlling leaks, but CA is clearly a problem now. I thought you might end up with ASV (post #11), but we need a trial without ASV to see what happens.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an appointment today at 3, will update today when I know more. Because my AirSense is from 2015 it doesn't sync with the cloud so I have to email him my screenshots. Hope that satisfies for the appt. Surprised I got an appt so quick due to COVID. 

Thanks again for all your input. I stopped EPR and lowered pressure to 11 last night and ended up with a decent for me AHI of about 6/7. Messed up the screen shot for today (was on Notes when I created it)  but here it is anyway. 

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 77 Today, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [CPAP] Looking for Oscar data insight SleepyJeff 4 148 03-09-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: SleepyJeff
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 601 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 247 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 678 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
Video [Treatment] Looking for Insight on my CPAP data scarcityj 6 380 01-16-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: scarcityj
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 486 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.