Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New Member: Looking for some insight on OSCAR info.
RE: New Member: Looking for some insight on OSCAR info.
Best wishes you are successful in starting the path to ASV, as I feel this is the only solution that will work consistently well. Report back on your visit with doc, we'd like to help you get the ASV if we can.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the script for ASV!!

Once I turned off the ERP my central events have decreased to drastically (3-5) since the weekend. He says 5 Central Apnea events a night is acceptable/normal. I get the impression you guys have been able to eliminate Central apneas with ASV. if I could get down to 0 AHI, isn't that the dream!

I hope my insurance (Manulife here in Ontario) would cover the ASV. He says OHIP (Ontario health insurance) will cover 650 or so of the cost. Will see what manulife says. Thanks for the push to ASV.

Cheers,

Frank
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news and congrats. One final piece of advice and then I want you to check in here when you get your ASV. If at all possible, get the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV. If you cannot, go for the ResMed Series 9 ASV. The Respironics line of machines is not as likely for most users to produce good therapy results or good comfort. I myself have the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV, and yes it can produce AHI of 0, but that isn't the real goal. The best and realistic goal is low AHI that includes your best possible comfort and restored restful sleep.

FWIW once you get the ASV, we can help set the pressures if you need the assist. Setting it to what equates ResMed titration protocol is very easy. Above all, best wishes you get this ASAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Frank, a common mitigation for therapy onset central apnea is to turn off the EPR, which apparently worked for you. The downside is, as I said, it may not be as comfortable and can increase flow limitation and other issues. I think it would be great if you would post a chart from a night without EPR just so we can document the result. ASV commonly achieves AHI near zero, but I want to encourage you to seek a comfortable result and not get too caught up in the numbers. We can probably come up with some ideas on the best ASV settings by reviewing your results posted to date and adapting that. Congrats on the script. Where do you intend to source a machine?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I am fluctuating between low teens for AHI and about 5. Here are the last 3 nights. I have spent the last week or so with an EPR of 0. I have not felt as good as when my AH was under 2. I literally have not felt that good in years. Then back to my usual above 10. A couple Notes on my therapy.

1. About a year ago I tried to replace my CPAP with a custom oral appliance, without long term success as I have had to have the custom appliance redone and it still pops out of my mouth (off my bottom teeth) . Last night was mostly without the oral appliance. I had to get the custom made oral appliance redone just 2 months ago. i'm afraid it is not going to work anymore so I have to recommit to my CPAP usage. last night was a short sleep night as I was quite busy.

2. I picked up a loaner AirCurve S10 from my supplier here in Toronto and I'll be using it for next 30 days. hopefully it eliminates my CA and its covered by my insurance. Hoping to go to bed before 10 and get a good 8 hrs and see what happens.

Cheers,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Bilevel therapy with the Aircurve S10 covers a lot of ground. What model did you get? You need the Aircurve 10 ASV. The VPAP-S or Vauto is not going to help. Let's try to get you on ASV therapy. We really need to know exactly what model Aircurve you got and what settings are being attempted.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, I got the Aircurve 10 ASV. 

What settings? my

MAX EPAP 5
MIN EPAP 8
MIN PS 3
MAX PS 8

I think the #s are different then the AirSense. My pressure on the AirSense as 9-11 or even 13 last month. 

It's all set up and I am waiting to go to sleep. It's only 8pm! lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Great. Looking forward to seeing the results and moving this in the right direction! Congrats!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Should I set up a new OSCAR profile for a new machine or keep it under same profile??
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not certain about the profile in OSCAR.

However, I'm glad you've gotten the right tool for the job. Be sure to post data tomorrow with feedback on how you believe therapy went. Note on these ASVs, at times they like to give a startling hard blow to your mask just when you drift off to sleep. When it does it and not if, do the Blow Back method. Literally with moderately forcefulness, blow back through your mask, a hard exhale through the mask if you will. You've been warned. And no it's not a flaw, it just does it maybe to have a contest to see who the boss really is.

Anyway congrats on the ASV. We'll help answer questions as they come up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [CPAP] Looking for Oscar data insight SleepyJeff 4 150 03-09-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: SleepyJeff
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 601 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 247 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 679 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
Video [Treatment] Looking for Insight on my CPAP data scarcityj 6 380 01-16-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: scarcityj
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 486 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.