Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New Member: Looking for some insight on OSCAR info.
RE: New Member: Looking for some insight on OSCAR info.
When you import data from a new machine, the data is stored in your profile under the new machine identity. I have always been able to read data from different types and brands of machines under a single profile. Many of the developers in Oscar, recommend a new profile rather than combining multiple machine in one profile. So Frank Autoset and Frank ASV would be separate profiles. It can work to combine the machines under a single profile, but I can understand the advantages and simplicity of separating them.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
perfect thanks. I'll let OSCAR do his thing! actually it makes sense now to keep them separate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good. morning. I think the ASV worked. OSCAR doesn't even give the option to see CA so I guess I had none. (upon further review aren't hyponeas also central events?)

First off, i passed out without my mask on and the first 4 hrs were not with my new ASV. final 4hr35 were an AHI of just over 4 for me. My apneas can vary from night to night. Tonight it was all "hyponeas" which I think might actually be centrals. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the push to get ASV. I hope my insurance covers the loaner I have. Otherwise, to be honest, it's not something I am in a position to get right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning first thing I would do is turn off ramp on the ASV it’s better to just get on with it and let the machine do it’s thing a majority of your Hypopnoeas was during ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah thanks! It seems like that will work!
Post Reply Post Reply
That was my first though is, wow, look at the difference between ramp and therapy! Increase PS max to 12.0. You are maxing out on pressure support and not resolving all the hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes your therapy is on the right track now. Congrats. Let's see how things go after the tuning edits mentioned.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I scores the lowest I have ever (1.4) and I feel pretty good this AM. I kept the pressure as is for now (11) as I have felt it was pretty strong at times but I turned the ramp off as suggested.

1.  I am not using my oral appliance at the moment and I feel the mask is less secure even after adjusting the straps. I felt like the oral appliance was like a good anchor for the mask. will try and fix the "large leaks" Using nasal mask I was at 50% leak so 10% seems okay! 

I'm gonna see how this week goes! I notice lots of people try and improve upon even sub 2 scores. Is there a lot more benefit to try and get to 0 AHI? 

Cheers, 

Frank

Post Reply Post Reply
This looks much better and we no longer see the long plateaus with the pressure at the maximum setting. Your ASV is very active through the night, and it's hard to imagine how you managed to use CPAP so long. You clearly need this support to maintain your respiratory volume. Based on what we see in the respiratory statistics, your tidal volume respiration rate and minute vent are all at appropriate levels. I'm sure you will start to feel a difference soon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'll have to do more research on respiratory statistics (tidal wave etc). I haven't thought of those graphs up until now. Thanks and hopefully I continue to feel better!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 85 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [CPAP] Looking for Oscar data insight SleepyJeff 4 151 03-09-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: SleepyJeff
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 601 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 248 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 679 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
Video [Treatment] Looking for Insight on my CPAP data scarcityj 6 380 01-16-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: scarcityj
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 487 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.