Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Medicare TReatment/Diagnosis Codes
Medicare TReatment/Diagnosis Codes
Having an issue with our DME and billing in regard to Medicare. My wife was on a Dreamstation AutoSV which her doctor said wasn't working for her. In fact, it was making things worse. She was then prescribed a ResMed Aircurve 10ST and she has seen some positive results with that. Even though she has had the Aircurve for about 10 months we just got a bill from the DME as they said Medicare denied the claim. It had been approved way  back when, but now they are saying it hasn't.

I am looking to see if anyone has the codes for the Dreamstation AutoSV and the ResMed AirCurve 10 ST.

I am trying to lay some of the groundwork so I can talk to my wife's sleep doctor and get this resolved. On top of it, her sleep doc left the practice she was with and formed her own and we are in the process of trying to get her records from the prior practice where she was when the second machine was prescribed.The good news is the DME has marked the bill as being contested so the clock isn't running.

TIA
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Medicare TReatment/Diagnosis Codes
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...S.29_CODES:

CPAP/BiPAP MACHINE INSURANCE (HCPCS) CODES:[edit]

E0601 Continuous airway pressure (CPAP/APAP) device  
E0470 Respiratory assist device, bi-level pressure (BiPAP) capability, WITHOUT backup rate feature, used with noninvasive interface, e.g., nasal or facial mask (intermittent assist device with continuous positive airway pressure device)  (VAuto, S)
E0471 Respiratory assist device, bi-level pressure (BiPAP) capability, WITH backup rate feature, used with noninvasive interface, e.g., nasal or facial mask (intermittent assist device with continuous positive airway pressure device) (ST, T, ASV, iVAPS)
E0472 Respiratory assist device, bi-level pressure (BiPAP) capability, WITH backup rate feature, used with invasive interface, e.g., tracheostomy tube (intermittent assist device with continuous positive airway pressure device)
E0561 Humidifier, non-heated, used with positive airway pressure (CPAP/BiPAP/APAP) device
E0562 Humidifier, heated, used with positive airway pressure (CPAP/BiPAP/APAP) device
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Medicare TReatment/Diagnosis Codes
Thank you. I did run a search on codes, but got nowhere.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 60 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 203 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 186 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 732 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 156 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.