Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swift FX
Swift FX
Hi guys,

I had my first night of use with the Resmed S10 Autoset, and I think I feel slightly better this morning.  I don't have a SD card so I can't upload the OSCAR data yet.  I have the Swift FX mask, which I find very comfortable, but I woke up several times due to the noise.  I cannot stand the noise.  Any recommendations on another nasal pillow's mask that is as comfortable as the Swift FX?

I was also given 2 different settings for the machine, one from my study and one from the doctor's prescription.  The machine was pre-programmed at 8 and 14.  Does this sound reasonable for someone with an AHI of 28?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Swift FX
The ResMed P30i is very quiet but there are some on this site that say the noise of the air in the tubes bother them. I like it because it puts the hose coming from out of the top of the head and out of the way. If you want the other type Resmed make the same mask with the tube coming out of the mask like most masks. Both are very quiet.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2020, 11:51 AM)EmaNTD Wrote: Hi guys,

I had my first night of use with the Resmed S10 Autoset, and I think I feel slightly better this morning.  I don't have a SD card so I can't upload the OSCAR data yet.  I have the Swift FX mask, which I find very comfortable, but I woke up several times due to the noise.  I cannot stand the noise.  Any recommendations on another nasal pillow's mask that is as comfortable as the Swift FX?

I was also given 2 different settings for the machine, one from my study and one from the doctor's prescription.  The machine was pre-programmed at 8 and 14.  Does this sound reasonable for someone with an AHI of 28?

Thank you!

Resmed Swift Fx is a good mask and used it for years and then Resmed came out with the P10 his & hers and that is the mask I have used for the last 5 years and it quite and light weight. It is a good mask and well liked. They have changed marketing strategy and only call it hers P10 which is a big mistake.
You can buy the mask as a kit and it comes with 3 different nose pcs S,M,L and that is nice for a person who does not know his or her size. Buy the Blue and grey model which is the large head gear and if you have a small head you need the purple pink one. This head gear can be wash in hot water and cooled quickly in a coffee cup to bring it back to it's original size because it will stretch over time like most head gear. Nose pcs are easy to change in & out to clean. 
You can buy N30 head gear for the P10 (Part#64216)so it is adjustable and I just bought 2 with my bonus points from my supplier. It is a very quite mask and will not blow air on your spouse or on your arms as you sleep because they use a diffuser mesh.
If you like pillow masks and like The Swift FX there is a good chance you will enjoy the P10 like many thousands of  others.
Pictures below are the N30 head gear strap.

I have tried other masks but the P10 is a nice one and I use my FX for a back up when traveling.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2020, 11:51 AM)EmaNTD Wrote: I had my first night of use with the Resmed S10 Autoset, and I think I feel slightly better this morning.  I don't have a SD card so I can't upload the OSCAR data yet.  I have the Swift FX mask, which I find very comfortable, but I woke up several times due to the noise.  I cannot stand the noise.  Any recommendations on another nasal pillow's mask that is as comfortable as the Swift FX?

Others have commented about the Resmed Airfit P10 and the N30 masks. I used the P10 for over a year, and I generally like it, but it tends to cause sores at the opening of my nostrils. My healthcare provider's sleep department suggested the Swift FX and gave me one, but one night was more than enough for me. I found that it blew air all over me, plus it was difficult to get it not to leak, and it was also on the noisy side. I put it on a shelf and that's where it's going to stay.

They also suggested the Respironics Nuance mask, so I bought one (the fabric model), and I have been using it for a couple of weeks. I find it comfortable, not noisy (although a bit noisier than the P10), and it doesn't leak any more than the P10. (I have a constant struggle with leaks because of the high pressures that I need.) The best part is that the pillows don't stick into my nostrils as deeply as the pillows on the P10, so I'm hoping they won't end up causing sores. The worst part is that I am a very active sleeper and twice so far I have woken up to find the mask completely off my head. I keep tweaking the straps hoping to find a way to make it stay put. 

I should also add that I don't use the headgear that comes with the P10 because it is too wimpy and stretches out too fast for me. Instead, I cut the headgear off the front part that holds the pillows with a pair of heavy duty scissors, then I make a single band out of a roll of elastic that I bought at a sewing supply store, and fasten it to the front part. To fasten it I dip a couple cm (3/4 inch) into a can of varnish and let it dry, then use a utility knife to slice a slit in the ends like a buttonhole. My homemade headgear lasts for a couple months or more.

Regarding the pressures on your machine, you need to play with them until you get them at the best level for you. Everyone is different, so I can't tell you what is best. But you won't be able to tell anything about what is the best pressure until you can get the data from it, and that means that you need to get an SD card. I'm surprised your machine didn't come with one, but they are readily available for a few bucks. Just get the smallest capacity you can, because several years worth of data won't come to even one GB in size (it's just text). When you put the SD card into the machine the first time the machine will format it and put your most recent data on it. Wait until it finishes, then remove it from the machine an put it into your computer where you have installed OSCAR - available as a free open source download from here. If your computer doesn't have a slot for SD cards you can buy a little USB adapter, probably under $5.

And most important of all, welcome to Apnea Board!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal Pillow - Leaking & Stability (Swift II vs Anything Else)? Phil7 0 586 10-19-2021, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Phil7
  ResMed Swift FX for Her Nasal Pillows Lambsydoats 5 912 08-14-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Canuck 2
  Mask Request: Opus 360/Swift Fx hybrid Universeonwheels 0 669 05-06-2020, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Universeonwheels
  Looking for the right frame size with Swift FX PaulaBunyan 4 975 02-15-2020, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Swift FX or N30i macheta 5 2,211 07-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  ResMed Swift problems Pizzafoundry 4 1,325 02-13-2019, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  Res med Swift fx problems Artapnea 5 1,550 12-07-2018, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Artapnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.