Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New to APAP & Need Advice
RE: New to APAP & Need Advice
Sleeprider,

Thank you so much for your advice, I'll take your advice from today and see what happens in a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking forward to seeing your results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Sleeprider,

I found the examination report done at the hospital, the original is Chinese. I used an online translator to translate them simply, and it may not be very accurate. I hope you can see it.
They only told me the result, but didn't tell me what to do.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
This is the data from last night, my sleep was not very complete. After being suffocated, I took off my mask and slept for a few more hours.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
As expected, the 95% flow limitation was reduced with EPR 3 from 0.10 to 0.05. That is a 95% reduction and it shows in the much more stable pressure and smoother respiration rate and volume. After about 06:10 we see some higher flow limits as the pressure reaches the upper limit of the settings and there are some obstructive apnea. Based on this, I think a higher pressure setting should be implemented. A minimum pressure of 9.0 and maximum pressure of 14.0 will produce a bilevel pressure range of 9.0/6.0 to 14.0/11.0 (IPAP/EPAP).

The sleep study summary shows that your titrated pressure was 10.8/7.8 (IPAP/EPAP) and so the above recommended pressure change includes this pressure range with auto-pressure changes. Your AHI is already below your titrated event rate, and I expect that to improve a bit with the revised settings. We have arrived at the same conclusion as your sleep clinic technician, but with autoset pressure can set a range that should remain more comfortable and effective. In summary, set the machine to:
Mode: Autoset
Minimum Pressure: 9.0
Maximum Pressure 14.0
EPR: Full-time Setting 3.

I know you are using a translation software. If any of the terms I have used are unclear, please ask questions, and we can hopefully make it more clear.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
thank you very much for your suggestion. 
I have some "circadian rhythm disorder", probably from chronic painful sleep, and I'm trying to improve it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Today was the best day I slept. I felt like I slept like a baby.
Can someone help me see the data chart and do I have any other sleep symptoms?
(I use Google Translate, it's rather blunt, forgive me if there are questions about tone or politeness.)

Post Reply Post Reply
Can anyone give me any advice?
Post Reply Post Reply
Set the min pressure to 9 as Sleeprider has previously suggested.
Post Reply Post Reply
plumager,
Please see the PM I sent you. I cleaned up this thread a little and deleted some duplicate quotes and charts, so it's not so confusing.

The last graphs you posted from 10/23 look good. Your AHI is down, Flow limitation is down. You said you slept well. So the most important thing is how you feel.
Hopefully, this trend continues.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 256 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,784 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 561 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.