Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New to CPAP. Struggling with sleep
RE: New to CPAP. Struggling with sleep
There is no downside (other than cost) to a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto vs. a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or any of the other models in the AirSense 10 model line.

AirCurve 10 is a model line with several BiLevel models including the ASV and others that you don't really want because they are designed to treat other issues that you do not have and the AirSense 10 is a model line with 4 CPAP models including a "Brick" (no data) called "CPAP"
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
@bonjour: Thanks for your thoughts on the AirCurve. I was less on the downsides (I understand the extra costs) but rather on the upsides on my specific case. I got only a couple of days left for my trial and could ask for another trial with the AirCurve

Now here's the result of last night:
I set ERP=3 and left the min at the same number (8.4). However, I felt hard to breathe in the air. Eventually I increased the min to 9.0 and afterwards I felt fine and was able to fall asleep.
For me, the night felt eventless and I did not wake up - at least I can't remember. After I woke up, I feel ok. No brainfog or headache so far. For the long time I slept, I do not feel fully rested. 

For the Oscar results, I see the AHI has reduced to 2.31, CAs went down. Flow limitations went down as well- but only a bit.
I still have quite a few CAs. Two clusters of CAs. Some flow rates look like CAs but were not scored as one. There are phases were the flow rates look inconsistent with RERAS thereafter. I attach a snippet as well. Are the wave forms looking normal? 

Thanks,
Philip

Post Reply Post Reply
This was what I wanted to see prior to trying a VAuto. That your CA was not increasing.

Mode: VAuto
Min EPAP: 5
Max IPAP: 14
PS: 4

The waveform is improved but still has flow limitations.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Fred.

It will take roughly a week until I have the VAuto. In the meantime, I'll stick to the current settings. But do let me know if there's anything else that I can try with the AirSense.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hello everyone!

Apologies for coming back so late. It took me a bit longer to get the bipap machine. Plus I had a nose surgery to improve my nose breathing and it took 2 weeks till I was back to normal.

@Fred: I setup the machine as per your instructions. The AHI on average went up when I tested the last few days.

Below a report. Any ideas on how to improve the setup?

FYI, I have a o2 sensor that triggers if level falls below 88% (it's shown in the chart)

Appreciate your responses!

Regards,
Philip

Post Reply Post Reply
Try a lower PS 4, down from the current 5. This should help lower the CA. The CA look to be a form of treatment emergent.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Dave, by turning down the PS, you should see less CA's.

If that doesn't work, there is a Trigger setting you can try. The default is set at medium, but can be turned to high. This has been shown to also lessen CA's.

But try the lower PS first. (One change at a time.)
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Negative sleep study, still ordered a CPAP Anargy 35 924 11-20-2020, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I diagnose sleep apnea for my mom using CPAP device and OSCAR software? WWu777 5 273 10-28-2020, 11:05 AM
  Do sleep aids effect sleep study results wking 12 390 10-27-2020, 06:51 AM
Last Post: dapal
  sleep study using cpap sleep4 6 177 10-07-2020, 08:54 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  New to CPAP (~2 months), still struggling GooseRK 24 835 10-07-2020, 08:52 AM
  [CPAP] New to APNEA, struggling to get full nights sleeps, appreciate review and advice. new2paphopeful 5 246 09-26-2020, 06:33 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP and your "sleep switch" SleepyMac 8 434 09-10-2020, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Bubster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.