Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New to CPAP, questions
New to CPAP, questions
HI all - I recently got my CPAP machine last Tuesday from my doctor.  Originally I was diagnosed with a 62 AHI but it has gone down.  My best was an 8.99.  Obviously I want to get this down to below a 1, but it feels like something isn't working.  For starters, the past two mornings, I woke up with the air blasting at full and my mask feeling like theres no suction. despite the fact that it was before before I went to sleep.  

Currently my minimum pressure is 5 but I feel like it should be higher.  Can anyone help interpret my charts and see if I should be doing anything different?  Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP, questions
Welcome to the forum.

See the clusters of obstructive apneas. They are an indicator of you tucking your chin.
No amount of pressure will fix this. The fix is the use of a soft cervical collar (see my signature). This usually is resolved overnight with collar use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-18-2020, 07:10 PM)bonjour Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

See the clusters of obstructive apneas.  They are an indicator of you tucking your chin.
No amount of pressure will fix this.  The fix is the use of a soft cervical collar (see my signature).  This usually is resolved overnight with collar use.

Hey thanks for your reply.  That definitely makes sense as my chin is tucked when I fall asleep.  I’ll try to lay flat in the meantime and if that doesn’t work I’ll check out the collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new to Cpap also, and I can only tell you what works for me. My machine was originally set for 5 to 20… With an auto ramp on. What worked for me was a higher minimum pressure , ramp off, and a lower max pressure,  so now I am 7 to 12 and getting a good AHI of about 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
This site helps everyone that will post their OSCAR charts. You may be surprised at what the experts on this site can do even for people with good AHI. some of those people could be better with a few adjustments in therapy.   Flow limitations is one that does not get reported in the AHI but can cause sleep interruptions and O2 drops that are not reported. So take a minute and post to see what might help you.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New - so many questions Matsu1 6 331 58 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  EPR questions juniper 5 193 04-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 175 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 152 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 248 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 361 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 332 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.