Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New user with Oral appliance
RE: New user with Oral appliance

I'm under the impression that CPAP can be a little annoying to use.

Yes there is a break in period that takes time to get your body acclimated to a mask on your face and pressure on your lungs and a hose that gets in the way , It would be similar when you were fitted for your oral appliance and it sounds like you did get use to that . Some People make friends with there CPAP on the first night and some its a on going battle every night . I remember the first night , actually I don't . I put the mask on turned the light out next thing it was morning and feeling like I was twenty years younger and full of energy . Remember going to work that day and someone asking me what was I on because as long as they had known me they had never seen me wound for sound . Told Them CPAP ! So is it Annoying ? for some , Some its a way of life if we want to live a normal Life . As eviltim put it [ It's still the best therapy we have ] I-love-CPAP

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 203 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
Question CPAP "Mouth Only" Appliance? GrantT 4 490 11-16-2023, 11:23 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Treatment] LF Oral Surgeon recommendation in DMV area for MMA SleepWhenImDead 1 1,103 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: isabelle315
  CPAP + Oral Appliance = Leaks DoktorSpengler 0 331 08-16-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: DoktorSpengler
  Oral Dental Appliance RandomPilar 47 11,978 06-21-2023, 01:59 AM
Last Post: ZacMirror
  [Equipment] oral appliance instead of CPAP? singergal67 9 1,089 06-02-2023, 03:54 PM
Last Post: singergal67
  CPAP, dry mouth, and poor oral health Liteheart1 10 1,856 09-23-2022, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Liteheart1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.