Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask horrors, questions, ideas
RE: Mask horrors, questions, ideas
I am so glad this has resolved a little for you, I just read the whole thread, that was quite a journey...

persistence pays off....

all the best,

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Congratulations! It takes a while to tweak it to your needs, but once you get it just right, it is wonderful! I hope you start feeling better and adjusting to therapy.

Thanks - every night is an adventure!

Post Reply Post Reply
Update: Well after a few months using CPAP I still hate it. The mask & chin strap are very uncomfortable. Lately the sound the machine makes and the sound of my breathing bothers me also. I wake up more times from the machine and I do not feel less tired during the day. I really think my tiredness is from my medications (keppra). Some rare nights I can do 5 hours, others less than 4. It use to take me less than 20mins to fall asleep now 45-60 mins avg. When I am on the bus in the afternoon I sometimes fall asleep (try not to) and that doesn't help me when I go to bed. Some nights when I wake up and I see I have worn it for more than 4 hours I take it off and sleep so much better until my alarm goes off. I asked the doctor's office why they need to record my cpap sleep record and the doctor never spoke to me about it. She told me the insurance uses it. This doesn't make any sense to me. Anyway I am sticking with it for now as I am studying for exams and if it is helping my brain (more oxygen) it could help me study.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away.
"
Hillary Cooper
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 151 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 169 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,594 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.