[Treatment] Newbie here, first night tubed up!
Doc J Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: resMed H5i Dumped and dry daily
CPAP Pressure: 10-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Knowledge is King and this is the place to find it! Thanks everyone.

Sex: Male

RE: Newbie here, first night tubed up!
(03-02-2014 12:26 PM)gunkthruster Wrote:  Yes mine has the SD card built in.

After a few nights of use, it's not getting any better in the sense that when the high pressure kicks in, it jars me awake. SO, essentially I wasn't aware BEFORE I had this machine that I was waking up but now I am. lol

I know it will take a while.

I had the ramp taken off so I could tell that my mask wasn't going to leak when it did come up. That was with a full face mask which was the worst for me, moved to nasal mask then nasal pillows which I like the best. If I would have based my treatment on my first mask I would not have been happy but I was stubborn and stayed with it and ended up with something that I could live with. Many symptoms have gone away since using my set up.
Good Luck Doc J
03-02-2014 01:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
gunkthruster Offline

Members

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: With the S9
CPAP Pressure: Think about 20
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

(03-02-2014 01:01 PM)me50 Wrote:  

After a few nights of use, it's not getting any better in the sense that when the high pressure kicks in, it jars me awake. SO, essentially I wasn't aware BEFORE I had this machine that I was waking up but now I am. lol

Look at your machine around the power button and tell us what kind of machine you have and we should be able to better help you.

It says "AutoSet" and then EPR
03-02-2014 02:11 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(03-02-2014 02:11 PM)gunkthruster Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 01:01 PM)me50 Wrote:  

Look at your machine around the power button and tell us what kind of machine you have and we should be able to better help you.

It would be helpful if you update your profile with the complete machine info (S9 Autoset), your pressure (are you on a fixed pressure or a pressure range), what mask you are using. You don't see Escape anywhere on your machine do you? If I am not mistaken, if it doesn't say Escape on top of the power button and Easy Breathe or something like that under the power button, you have an S9 Autoset.

Also, I would recommend downloading ResScan or SleepyHead so you can watch your data.

Is the high pressure jarring you awake after you have been asleep a while? If you can share a little more info, then we will be able to offer better info and suggestions.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 03:04 PM by me50.)
03-02-2014 02:58 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
gunkthruster Offline

Members

Other Comments:

[attachment=719]
(03-02-2014 02:58 PM)me50 Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 02:11 PM)gunkthruster Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 01:01 PM)me50 Wrote:  Look at your machine around the power button and tell us what kind of machine you have and we should be able to better help you.

It would be helpful if you update your profile with the complete machine info (S9 Autoset), your pressure (are you on a fixed pressure or a pressure range), what mask you are using. You don't see Escape anywhere on your machine do you? If I am not mistaken, if it doesn't say Escape on top of the power button and Easy Breathe or something like that under the power button, you have an S9 Autoset.

Also, I would recommend downloading ResScan or SleepyHead so you can watch your data.

Is the high pressure jarring you awake after you have been asleep a while? If you can share a little more info, then we will be able to offer better info and suggestions.

Yeah it doesn't say Escape on it.

I think my pressure is at 20, that's what I heard the DME say.

It starts out very low automatically, I can barely tell it's on.

I don't set anything other than the warm up on the humidifier. I notice when I wake up the pressure must be on full. Then it turns itself back down to low while I get back to sleep, usually about 10-20 min.

Attaching picture. I'll work on getting the software to work on my PC.(looks like to Mac version?? )
03-02-2014 04:03 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

(03-02-2014 04:03 PM)gunkthruster Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 02:58 PM)me50 Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 02:11 PM)gunkthruster Wrote:  It says "AutoSet" and then EPR

Yeah it doesn't say Escape on it.

I think my pressure is at 20, that's what I heard the DME say.

It starts out very low automatically, I can barely tell it's on.

I don't set anything other than the warm up on the humidifier. I notice when I wake up the pressure must be on full. Then it turns itself back down to low while I get back to sleep, usually about 10-20 min.

Attaching picture. I'll work on getting the software to work on my PC.(looks like to Mac version?? )

if your pressure is 20 then if you are using the ramp, once it reaches 20, it will stay at 20 the whole time you are sleeping. You might want to consider using the autoset with a pressure range. We can help you with that once you download SleepyHead and look at your data to see what is happening once you get to 20 (leaks, snoring, flow limitations, etc.). Are you using Mac OS? I knew at one time there was a patch for Mac users that had Respironics but I think that was incorporated into a later version. Look in the private files and click on the SleepyHead link and it has a list of machines that Sleepy Head works with. I know it works with Resmeds
03-02-2014 04:14 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
gunkthruster Offline

Members

Other Comments:

First of all, thanks everyone. I thought that was going to be an ordeal. I was able to get it installed on my work laptop and not much data yet, of course, cause I just started.

It is an S9 AutoSet
Min. Pressure 5.0
Max. Pressure 20.0
EPR Off

Max pressure used: 13.3
Apnea Index 0.4
03-02-2014 04:20 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

(03-02-2014 04:20 PM)gunkthruster Wrote:  First of all, thanks everyone. I thought that was going to be an ordeal. I was able to get it installed on my work laptop and not much data yet, of course, cause I just started.

It is an S9 AutoSet
Min. Pressure 5.0
Max. Pressure 20.0
EPR Off

Max pressure used: 13.3
Apnea Index 0.4

how long have you been using a machine? You may want to consider tightening your pressure up if you have been using it for at least 2 weeks, preferably a month or so since you are new to using CPAP.

EDIT: Also, you may want to get a copy of your sleep study. The DME has it as well as the doc that wrote your script for your machine, etc. You should get a copy of your script too with the pressure listed on it. Your DME has that too. I am surprised that your pressures are pretty much wide open since you had a sleep study. Anyway, you are on the right track. It takes a while for healing to happen so just don't give up.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2014 05:00 PM by me50.)
03-02-2014 04:25 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

The OP has not been using CPAP that long, only a couple days according to the date in the original post.

trish6hundred
03-02-2014 04:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  newbie yossarian 14 732 09-01-2016 02:01 PM
Last Post: Maskup Sleepwell
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,307 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  From a Newbie to a newbie PappinLikeABoss 11 1,051 08-22-2016 05:38 PM
Last Post: chill
Exclaimation Greetings from a newbie Rjhoeper 17 1,040 04-16-2016 10:24 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  [CPAP] Newbie jkendall49 8 619 03-30-2016 09:16 AM
Last Post: jkendall49
  [Treatment] Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night galenaforest 4 819 02-25-2016 02:27 AM
Last Post: Dagmar1
  Newbie, first night and sore nasal bridge Inky1 14 1,174 02-14-2016 09:05 PM
Last Post: pupcamper