Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Newbie here, first night tubed up!
Gross 
Newbie here, first night tubed up!
Hello! I'm glad I found these forums. I've been browsing a bit.

I was diagnosed with OSA a few weeks ago after having a sleep-study done in early January. I brought home the machine tonight and am nervous and excited to try it out. I'm hoping it will help me get the proper sleep I need and help me with my problems like low energy, depression, nearly falling asleep in the middle of the day.

I have the ResMed S9 with a humidfier and a SD card and a wifi dongle.
I have the full mask thing.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie here, first night tubed up!
Welcome to the forum hosehead~!

Please be aware, it may take you some time to become fully comfortable with your new dream machine, and mask. Ask questions, and if the mask bugs you, please consider some daytime practice sessions to help you become used to it.

Best of luck to you in your journey...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:wifi dongle

I'm new as well
Whats a wifi dongle?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2014, 09:06 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote:

I'm new as well
Whats a wifi dongle?

It's a black box (the size of pack of cigarettes) with an antenna, that says "wireless" on it. I'm guessing it's wifi. They said it's for recording how I use the machine to give to my insurance company.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2014, 09:08 PM)gunkthruster Wrote:

I'm new as well
Whats a wifi dongle?

It's a black box (the size of pack of cigarettes) with an antenna, that says "wireless" on it. I'm guessing it's wifi. They said it's for recording how I use the machine to give to my insurance company.

It is a wireless modem so the equipment provider can check compliance info (and sometimes more) with it. Never heard it called a wifi dongle though Coffee Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi gunkthruster,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you got your mask and machine so you can start dealing with your sleep apnea.
CPAP therapy can take some getting used to.
One thing you might try is, setting up during the evening wearing the mask and using the machine as you read or watch tv to give your body a chance to get used to it before you sleep.
I think that "Wifi Dongle," you were talking about is a cellular modem for your DME to remotely monitor your progress.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2014, 09:08 PM)gunkthruster Wrote:

I'm new as well
Whats a wifi dongle?

I just completed my 90 day compliance period, my Sleep Dr had prescribed a wireless modem for me also. I guess they want to keep us honest. My DME has sent me return packaging for the modem, I am now free. I have to say, CPAP treatment has really helped me. I definitely plan to stay compliant, I find it hard to get to sleep now without the machine running. Also finding the right mask makes I it a lot easier to become acclimated. My first week was a little rough, but I am glad I didn't give up. The support from boards like this one really helps us newbies. The information here helped me find the mask that best suited me., that was the key to helping me stay compliant.
Ed
Post Reply Post Reply

Eleong2 wrote "I just completed my 90 day compliance period, my Sleep Dr had prescribed a wireless modem for me also. I guess they want to keep us honest" Your attitude of I am going to stay compliant will go a long way for you. Just keep at it and come here and post all your questions and concerns.

lol it isn't about keeping anyone honest. unless you claimed to have accidentally deleted all info on your machine and claimed to have lost your SD card, you might be able to get rid of evidence but you would just have to start all over with compliance.

The purpose of the wireless modem is to save you trips to the DME for them to check your compliance.

I hope your DME knows how to do this as my former DME told me they could not retrieve the info from the provider website so I had to drive all the way out there only to find out they figured it out and didn't bother to call and tell me.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, it took some of you multiple masks to find the right one??
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2014, 10:03 PM)me50 Wrote: Eleong2 wrote "I just completed my 90 day compliance period, my Sleep Dr had prescribed a wireless modem for me also. I guess they want to keep us honest" Your attitude of I am going to stay compliant will go a long way for you. Just keep at it and come here and post all your questions and concerns.

lol it isn't about keeping anyone honest. unless you claimed to have accidentally deleted all info on your machine and claimed to have lost your SD card, you might be able to get rid of evidence but you would just have to start all over with compliance.

The purpose of the wireless modem is to save you trips to the DME for them to check your compliance.

I hope your DME knows how to do this as my former DME told me they could not retrieve the info from the provider website so I had to drive all the way out there only to find out they figured it out and didn't bother to call and tell me.

Interesting you mentioned your DME couldn't retrieve your data. I wanted to use SleepMapper when I first started, but my DME never setup my wireless modem. I called a couple times to get it setup. So I wonder if I had not called I would have been in the same situation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 390 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 133 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 205 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 488 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 268 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 298 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.