Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] No success and no hope
RE: No success and no hope
like Sounds like another success story about to be claimed. Kudos on progress. Try to stretch sessions to 8 hours, but don't waste time kicking yourself if you can't get there for a bit. Any step forward is many times better than going backwards.

If it helps, set therapy goals and reward yourself when you meet them. And if you don't get it right away, dust yourself off & try again. One key to success is never quit.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like you're beginning to have success. That's great news. A belated welcome to the forum and glad to hear things are looking up!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave! Hit 7 hours and 45 minutes last night before I even woke up ... that was fifteen minutes before the alarm went off so I went ahead and removed the mask lol.

(02-06-2019, 11:49 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Sounds like you're beginning to have success.  That's great news.  A belated welcome to the forum and glad to hear things are looking up!

Thanks to both - success and the welcome!
Post Reply Post Reply
now that is a success!!! like
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Dreamwear Full Face mask which I love because it does not go over your nose. Instead it fits right at your nostrils so maybe this would help with your agoraphobia. My pressure on my Resmed ASV machine is a maximum of 15 but almost always goes to 22 and stays there a large amount of the night. This caused massive large leaks in my mask and drove me crazy feeling as if I was in a hurricane. I was sleeping on my back and breathing in my nose and out my mouth. One night I decided to sleep on my side. I had tried this only a few times but felt it was making my mask leak but any leaks would be better than what I was having. The morning after I slept on my side I knew it had been a good night without the high pressure waking me or bothering my mask. I spent most of the night on my left side. When I looked at Sleepyhead the next morning my AHI was 0.89 and I had only two small mask leaks. I noticed also that I was breathing in and out my nose with my mouth closed. It was a very restful night. My sleep doctor could not believe that sleeping on my side made such drastic changes. Maybe something I have said could help you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,621 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,958 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 547 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 902 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Change to BIPAP vauto in hope for better therapy Dave Water 41 2,939 05-24-2023, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Another Collar Success Story MickTravis 12 1,842 04-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  what's the best pricing to hope for Resmed 11 Dave W 3 486 03-08-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: jeffpack1957

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.