Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Noob Alert
RE: Noob Alert
That's a very good chart for your first night. If you do change to apap, You might like to consider 10 min 14 max and continue with the epr 2
The main thing is to get the leaks fixed and to make sure you aren't mouth breathing with the nasal mask.
You may find the machine has a 'mask fit' function, where it blows a higher pressure. To help you get the adjustment right.

Bonjour has good info, his link is in my signature below.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Fred for taking a look.

I'm not sure with the large leaks that I can "trust" the good numbers as the machine may not have seen an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
OOPS

I missed the large leak, I'm not sure how.  It looks like a mouth leak to me.  Read the Mask Primer, it has quite a bit on leaks and fitting.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, day 2 under my belt.

I decided to switch masks and see how things would go. I used the ESON 2 nasal mask. It fits a little wierd at first but it seems way more stable than dreamwear. My intent in switching was to rule out mask fit/openmouth. I slept longer and better with the nasal mask.

I also swtiched it to auto mode 9-15 with my prescirbed pressure being 11. It turns out that I never went above 10 on auto. My overall AHI was fantastic for the evening. The leak rate was still a bit high but overall much better than yesterday. Looks like the first 5 hours were incident free with respect to apnea. I think I'm going to turn off the ramp as until I get to about 8 I feel air starved and since I have it set to 9 minium might as well just go straight there.

I think I am on the right track. I'll defer to the experts though on interpreation. 

[Image: BtPzwjd.png]

Ok, day 2 under my belt.

I decided to switch masks and see how things would go. I used the ESON 2 nasal mask. It fits a little wierd at first but it seems way more stable than dreamwear. My intent in switching was to rule out mask fit/openmouth. I slept longer and better with the nasal mask.

I also swtiched it to auto mode 9-15 with my prescirbed pressure being 11. It turns out that I never went above 10 on auto. My overall AHI was fantastic for the evening. The leak rate was still a bit high but overall much better than yesterday. Looks like the first 5 hours were incident free with respect to apnea. I think I'm going to turn off the ramp as until I get to about 8 I feel air starved and since I have it set to 9 minium might as well just go straight there.

I think I am on the right track. I'll defer to the experts though on interpreation. 

[Image: BtPzwjd.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't often see a new member that hits the sweet spot right off, but there you go. Not much is going to improve on this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great.... I'll just look to improve my leaks.. Try out my other masks just for drill. 

I'm ok with the pressure settings and they seemed to work.

Now I want to say, I had no idea that I could feel so much better. I am normally filled with energy and my mind is sharp and clear. My only issues were high BP and being overweight and snoring. 

These past two days though I've been catipulted out of bed filled with so much energy that I got asked if I could give someone whatever I was taking. My mind has also become so much sharper.

I'll gladly accept beginners luck.. Smile I think I'm going to need a disclaimer if I continue to feel every better. Hopefully, I don't spontaneously combust. 

Thanks, 

Anthony
Post Reply Post Reply
So I read the mask primer and the leak wiki. I've opted to keep working with my eson 2 for the time being until I can get to the dme.  

The last two nights my Large leak rate has been 8% and 6% rounded off.  Based on what I read in the leak wiki this is pretty good. Obviously zero is best.  It looks like my mouth breathing is minor enough. I did grab a cervical collar just in case but I am not sure I need it.

Going forward, what kind of range can I expect so see in my AHI before I should wonder if there are issues. I don't want to get all micromanaging. I know less than 5 is fine , less than 2 is great ,less than one is awesome and zero is perfect. At least I think that's how it works.

At this point my goal is only compliance and seeing the therapy is working. 

Subjectively, I am sleeping fairly well. The mask, cpap experience are fine. I am not yet in the sleep like the dead stage but I am waking up super clear headed, energized and I seem to have issues sleeping for more than 6-7 hours mostly because I am wide awake and bushy tailed.

Before cpap I felt cheated unless I got 8-10 and woke up groggy and fuzzy. It's very clear subjectively that the therapy is doing wonders. 

Data wise 

Day before: .26 AHI, leaks 8% seems like a solid good night...
Last night: 1.86 AHI, leaks 6% most of the AHI was from clear airway

I've attached last night's sleepyhead.

Thanks for your patience everyone is helping a noob along. 

Anthony Thanks

[Image: oWmbS3B][Image: oWmbS3B.png]

[Image: oWmbS3B]
Post Reply Post Reply
Show off!     Big Grin
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2017, 04:07 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Show off!     Big Grin

OK, so the clear airway events aren't something to worry about then.. 

Big Grin

Thanks, 

Anthony
Post Reply Post Reply
Back to your mask replacement issue.  Below is a Medicare schedule.  Verify this.

Medicare Replacement Schedule

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 235 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  NOTICE: FDA Fire Safety Alert Dreamstation 2 Gideon 15 1,260 12-03-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: kotaKat
Question [CPAP] Noob - overwhelmed with Oscar Data Lobelia48 9 899 02-08-2023, 03:58 AM
Last Post: chewielotuses
  Total BIPAP noob consolidated thread Morgannon 3 466 01-24-2023, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Morgannon
  ALERT regarding possible re-breathing issues with Resmed Airfit P10 mdmarmd 14 11,312 01-03-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: KAHLDAHL
  Bipap Noob Questions supyasieve 14 1,155 10-19-2022, 03:18 PM
Last Post: supyasieve
Angry [CPAP] Huge noob here. Really POed at Resmed/DME and could use help now! debhona12 15 1,475 06-01-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: sonicboom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.