Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Noob; wondering about equipment, info dump below
RE: Noob; wondering about equipment, info dump below
(07-15-2020, 04:25 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Assuming you are not suffering from aerophagia or other discomfort, increase EPAP min to 6.0 and leave other settings the same. Everything is obstructive and this will resolve that.  At a minimum EPAP 4 the snoring is telling us your airway is unstable.  Once we get you to a good EPAP, we may look at PS min as the next adjustment to take out flow limitation.  Your results are pretty good, but we're going to make them better and more comfortable.  It's up to you to give us the comfort feedback.
Will do, and that makes sense to me. I have to go put my card back in the machine so I'll make the change then. (Would be so nice if it was possible to read full data remotely via bluetooth. Tongue Feel like I'm gonna wear out the SD card slot by yanking and replacing it all the time...)

Here's last night's data, sub-1 again... I would say on a 10 scale (with 10 being "zippity do dah I'm wide awake!") I'm somewhere from 6-7.5 most mornings now, vs. my typical past of 1-3. Haven't noticed much in the way of aerophagia, definitely nothing like the prescribed pressures from the past. Oh-jeez

[Image: xTVzK7o.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a WiFi based SDCard a toshiba Flashair they are kind of hard to get hold of and a pain to setup but work really well just make sure the card is 32Gb or smaller as the larger 64Gb is a nightmare
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh how weird, I didn't realize that SD cards with integrated wifi existed. Makes some sense for pro cameras though. Don't know if I want to spend $80+ on one though, I think the sdcard slot is rated for a fair number of cycles...

What's wrong with 64GB+, just the stupid default exFAT format? I know how to deal with that, if that's the only problem... Already saw that the card my machine came with was FAT32.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2020, 02:14 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: You can get a WiFi based SDCard a toshiba Flashair they are kind of hard to get hold of.....

There seems to be a cheaper wifi SDCard, the EZ Share. Has anybody tried it with a CPAP device?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, a member has tried it and it didn't work.   There is not a set communication protocol standard for wireless SD cards and each manufacturer develops their own.  Toshiba chose to use an open source protocol standard for theirs that works very nicely with the CPAP data.  All free software developed for the purpose of CPAP data download is written specifically for the Toshiba FlashAir card.   Currently, the availability of these cards has become scarce causing their prices to increase.  The "word on the street" is people running 3-D printers have discovered that these cards work great with their equipment and have gobbled them up.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I managed to buy one cheaply new on eBay a few weeks ago but the normal channels are very expensive (Amazon)
Post Reply Post Reply
On the issue of 64GB plus SD cards: I think the PAP machines can't recognize over 32GB. I don't think partitioning the card works either. Cards over 32GB just aren't supported. Feel free to correct my take.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night of results after increasing EPAPmin to 6... Snoring appears to be lessened, and down to only one (detected) OA for the night. But overall AHI is actually slightly higher than the night before, I guess due to more hypopneas? I feel like I'm picking nits at this point though. Still feel good today, although I think I did have my mouth open briefly because that was a bit dried out at one point (but I'll break out the chinstrap if I can't keep that in control). The mouth must not have been open long because there's nothing significant on the leak graph (about 10 minutes of leak rate slowly going up to ~3 and then back down).

[Image: eOUw9yx.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are two more nights of data with EPAPmin at 6. Can't complain about numbers this low... Seems like this might be the goldilocks spot?

two nights ago:
[Image: uUjfM5e.png]

And last night:
[Image: rGBFGqG.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2020, 04:25 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Assuming you are not suffering from aerophagia or other discomfort, increase EPAP min to 6.0 and leave other settings the same. Everything is obstructive and this will resolve that.  At a minimum EPAP 4 the snoring is telling us your airway is unstable.  Once we get you to a good EPAP, we may look at PS min as the next adjustment to take out flow limitation.  Your results are pretty good, but we're going to make them better and more comfortable.  It's up to you to give us the comfort feedback.

(07-19-2020, 04:10 PM)ZPrime Wrote: Here are two more nights of data with EPAPmin at 6. Can't complain about numbers this low... Seems like this might be the goldilocks spot?

two nights ago:
[Image: uUjfM5e.png]

And last night:
[Image: rGBFGqG.png]

I’m beginning to think there may be a method to this madness and it’s not just a lucky guess!  Nice results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 166 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 234 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.