Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Not so newbie OSCAR help request
RE: Not so newbie OSCAR help request
I was thinking the collar might help with leaks, not sure I'll tolerate it well. But even the P10 took getting used to. 
Thanks for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries... and yes, wearing the collar does take some adjustment... but not as much as wearing the mask, for me. On the plus side, no more waking up with my head to one side drooling and congested. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Update:  Raising the min pressure to 8 seemed to help flow limit only slightly, was actually higher 2nd night. Mouth leaks still seem to be driving things, despite mouth taping - admittedly inadequate, i.e., not covering mouth fully, cuz I'm a chicken.

Yesterday I got a FFM from my DME - not the F30i I wanted (which will arrive Monday), but what they had on hand: the AirFit F20. Not a pleasant night, as to be expected. Flow limits are higher, but much of that was me 'fighting' with the mask at the beginning of the night. I usually yawn, get watery eyes, sniffles, etc. at I begin to sleep; last might was much worse, perhaps because of the mask. The leak spikes at 1, 130 were top mask leaks(bridge of nose-blast into the eyes, lol), at 03 I repositioned to my back (for unrelated hip pain, not the mask). Good news is we solved the leak problem, although I have to tweak mask fit for comfort. I really hope the under the nose version will work better.

Are there any other setting changes I should consider?
My plan is to try to get comfortable with the F20. Monday I have my MD follow-up - not expecting much. The new mask, and collar, should arrive Monday also.

OSCAR note: Because I fit tested the different size masks under pressure, and popped the card into OSCAR to see leak rates, it did not load my overnight data in the morning. Per the troubleshooting wiki, I purged the test sessions, and reloaded. The wiki says this Resmed issue shouldn't happen after ver. 1.2, is this another Airsense 11 thing?

Reminder on graph: Settings are Min 8 Max 10, not 4-20

Post Reply Post Reply
It's going to be tough to draw many conclusions from this one, knowing it was a tough night with a new mask.

What I can see is that your flow limits completely disappeared at the end of the night - presumably when you turned onto your back? If so, that definitely suggests that side sleeping is causing you to tuck your chin towards your chest.

I'd probably hold off until you get your F30, see how you go with that and the collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply, and your insights. 

Last night was better for the mask, worse for me due to joint pain, not OSA.

I definitely feel a big part of my problem is positional. I think previously it was worst when on my back, i.e. if I rolled from my side without waking up. The FFM adds a new wrinkle because in trying to avoid bumping the mask I think I tuck even on my side.

I'm optimistic the F30 and collar will help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 24 1,195 58 minutes ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 379 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.