Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] OSCAR Data Intepretation
OSCAR Data Intepretation
[attachment=37020][attachment=37020][attachment=37020]
Can someone help me interpret this data? I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and have been using an APAP for the past two weeks. Have only last night recorded in OSCAR so far. Waking up in the morning is a lot easier but I find I am still very fatigued/sleepy during the day.  My prescribed pressure range is 6-16 and I currently use an EPR of 2. 

My sleep study results were:
AHI: 28
RDI: 40
Lowest oxygen saturation was 84%

According to my Resmed Airsense 10 I have been having an average AHI of between 1-2 during the course of my treatment. Is this good? Should I aim for below 1 or closer to 0? Not sure whether my data indicates I should stick to my pressure range or to adjust something. Im not sure how long its supposed to take for treatment to resolve my symptoms.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Data Intepretation
Welcome to the forum.

Please include the left sidebar without the calendar and Pie chart as it contains important stats and other info.

Your pressures are low so turn off your ramp.
Your flow limits are driving your pressure.And your pressure is always over your min of 6.

So set min= 8 and EPR=3. I think you will find that better and it will help with the flow limits and hopefully a bit on the fatigue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wouldn't increasing the EPR possibly worsen the centrals? It looks like most of my events happen to be centrals so I was thinking about lowering the EPR or turning it off.

Thanks!

I'm not sure how to add an attachment to my reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes sometimes increasing EPR does increase centrals, and sometimes just using a CPAP does the same thing, and driving also substantially increases the odds of you being in an auto accident! Do you still drive?
Try the settings and let's see what happens. If Centrals go substantially up we will react to that appropriately.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 51 9 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 66 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 145 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 174 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.