Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] OSCAR my 29th day - any suggestions?
OSCAR my 29th day - any suggestions?
Any settings advice or feedback?

29 days into CPAP. 

Using F&P Evora Full Mask (nasal cradle + mouth).

OSA diagnosis with AHI 26 at clinic.

Feeling tired most days but not exhausted (like before).

Last night's OSCAR attached.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR my 29th day - any suggestions?
It'd be helpful to see answers to a few questions.

Do you know what the breakdown of your AHI was when you had the sleep test? (That would be a breakdown into obstructive apneas, central apneas, and hypopneas.)

Is your CA index usually about what it is here? (It's 3.06 -- it's in the left panel.)

When you zoom in on the CAs, do you see arousal breathing right before them? (Arousal breathing is generally deeper than asleep breathing and often looks irregular by comparison with asleep breathing.)

Finally, do you know why you're on a fixed pressure and why your EPR is set to 2 (rather than 0, 1, or 3)?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR my 29th day - any suggestions?
(09-17-2022, 12:13 PM)AZAwake Wrote: Any settings advice or feedback?

29 days into CPAP. 

Using F&P Evora Full Mask (nasal cradle + mouth).

OSA diagnosis with AHI 26 at clinic.

Feeling tired most days but not exhausted (like before).

Last night's OSCAR attached.

Thanks!

(09-17-2022, 02:06 PM)Dormeo Wrote: It'd be helpful to see answers to a few questions.

Do you know what the breakdown of your AHI was when you had the sleep test?  (That would be a breakdown into obstructive apneas, central apneas, and hypopneas.)  

Is your CA index usually about what it is here? (It's 3.06 -- it's in the left panel.)

When you zoom in on the CAs, do you see arousal breathing right before them?  (Arousal breathing is generally deeper than asleep breathing and often looks irregular by comparison with asleep breathing.)

Finally, do you know why you're on a fixed pressure and why your EPR is set to 2 (rather than 0, 1, or 3)?

Appreciate your reply!
- I don't know the sleep test AHI breakdown, but I'll obtain a copy of the report and find out.
- CA index hovers around 3ish, the outlier nights were ~ 1.5 and 6.59
- Arousal breathing before CA's ← I'm new to OSCAR and not certain of this answer, but something does look weird on Zoom-in. Please see attached.
- Why's EPR at 2 -- vs 0,1, or 3?  ← when I visited RT @ office on 8/31/22 to get fitted for a face mask (switched from nasal pillows), she said she turned that feature on "for comfort" but didn't explain the rationale of the number 2.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 9 152 1 hour ago
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 553 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 173 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 3,102 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 316 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help - Initial Titration Suggestions gli890 2 342 02-17-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Dreamstation 2 feels like it isn't treating my apnea (any suggestions)? Sunday3 4 311 02-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.