Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Old & New
Old & New
Hi, I'm new to the forum but not to CPAP. My first machine was a Resmed S8 Elite. in 2007 a couple of months after the sleep study the insurance company signed off on the "equipment" and it was mine.
I was naive and the machine was helping a LOT so I bought my mask parts and other stuff when needed and life was good. Fast forward to late 2015 and after 10500 used hrs the rainouts started so I disconnected the humidifier and just used the machine. Got dry-mouth so bad I'd wake up with my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth so I quit using the machine. A week ago I purchased a used Resmed S9 less than 500hrs and like My question is how do I know I'm on the right therapy path?
I tried to load a SH screenshot but it says I used my quota Huhsign Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Old & New
Hi NWREALR,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

First off, install the free SleepyHead software.
http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

Then order the Clinicians Manual for your S9.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

After you have your manual, go into the providers menu and change your minimum pressure to 6.
Leaving it at 4 will cause you to feel air starved. Leave the max pressure alone for now until you can check SleepyHead data.

After a few days of data, post a screenshot here. You need 4 posts under your belt to do so.
Use an outside source like Imgur to upload info. We can take a look at your data. An AHI under 5 is considered treated, but most of us feel better if lower.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have about a week of SHead data and tried to load the night of the 4th screenshot. I will check out IMGUR and see if I can get the data to post.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi NWREALTR,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you are restarting CPAP therapy and that you got a different machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you restart your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your model of S9. Is it an elite, autoset, etc.?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It is an Autoset
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be a good idea to put S9 Autoset in your profile to avoid a lot of people asking the same question.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I'm compliant
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=2623]

Eat-popcorn

Last nights results
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi NWREALTR,
It looks like you had a couple mask leaks. You may want to try mask liners to help with that.
Also, be sure your not over tightening the straps.

Your data doesn't look bad, but the minimum start pressure of 4 is too low. Your profile says 6-20, so you maybe changed it which is good. Try that for awhile, but I think you may need a slightly higher pressure, possibly 7 or 8.

I doubt you need to keep the max pressure at 20. Bring it down to 15.
Of course, this is one night, so watch your events. Would like to see the hypopneas and Obstructives come down, and a little higher minimum pressure may take care of that.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.