Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] One Year in and still have tired days
Ohmy 
RE: One Year in and still have tired days
I am new here...Greetings to all!  I have been using my cpap religiously since Feb 10 2017 and feel more tired, fatigued than before use...Wassup with that?  No leaks...I realize there is a breaking in period and perhaps I simply have not been patient...I really want to become a success story...any hot tips? Many thanks Fellows... Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2017, 06:55 AM)Pvtcollins Wrote: I am new here...Greetings to all!  I have been using my cpap religiously since Feb 10 2017 and feel more tired, fatigued than before use...Wassup with that?  No leaks...I realize there is a breaking in period and perhaps I simply have not been patient...I really want to become a success story...any hot tips? Many thanks Fellows... Thanks

Welcome Pvtcollins. We will need more information to advise you. Also, I suggest you start your own thread so it will be easier to follow.  Please update your profile. Is your machine an AirSense 10 auto or an Airsense 10 CPAP? I beleive your pressure setting of 40 is wrong. The max setting for the AirSense 10 auto is 20 and I suspect it is the same for the CPAP.

You don't mention your AHI values so we have no idea if your therapy is doing anything for you. You should download sleepyHead software from here: https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

Then organize and post data as described in the links below. You will need at least 4 posts before you can post data but that shouldn't be a challenge. Smile

Without more data we cannot move ahead.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2016, 08:20 PM)Sleepyv Wrote:     Thank you, I will look into that.  

Sleepyv:
Can you perhaps post some Sleeyhead data?

The reason I ask is because I recently learned I am a "mouth breather" (troglodyte ... haha!) and that I often lose 1 to 2 hours of therapy per night due to massive leakage through my mouth. I have been using nasal pillows and am attempting to transition back to a FFM.

The way I discovered this was because I was able to rent a modern, data-capable, APAP; and then download and assess the data.

My "current" machine is the 2nd CPAP I was issued, back in 2009 or 2010 ... it's a single-function brick, incapable of recording data.

I have an appointment with my ENT on Monday, hopefully I can get him to prescribe a "dispense as written" for a nice APAP unit.

Maybe you have some other problem that can be determined by assessing some data ...?

Regards-
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to add ...

I'm hoping podcast URLs are allowed here (?). If so, this one has some interesting bits about sleep.

This came to mind while reviewing some of the posts in this thread. The guy interviewed on the podcast is a sleep scientists, and in the podcast he talks about how people have different "sleep types." I think there is a lot of truth to this ... my wife and her siblings are "night owls" and they all generally have trouble getting up early in the morning to do things (which is to say they *can* getup early, they just don't function all that well ... also when there are no schedule constraints, they tend to stay up late and get up late in the morning).

I also had a friend when I was growing up who was a night owl. In the summer he'd stay up to 2 AM, then sleep in to 2 PM.

There are some other good sleep hygiene nuggets in that interview ... I recommend you all take a listen. One that I took away is to drink 1L of room-temperature water first thing upon arising in the morning (even before coffee) to replace the water you've lost overnight in you breath. Doing this has singlehandedly changed my overall hydration every day ... I'm no longer chasing dehydration all day long.

Cheers-
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
When you compare the "fun level" of cpap, with the "fun level" of some other treatments you realize just how fun it is. Like insulin dependent diabetics vs cpap, or stroke therapy vs cpap therapy, you get the idea. So sometimes I feel lucky cpap is all I'm saddled with, it's no worse than brushing your teeth or taking a shower, could be a whole lot worse. And the benefits really outweigh everything. The key I think is just getting people past the "I can't" stage. People are very easy to dismiss things and say "I can't do that" when what they really mean is they don't want to bother, or be bothered. It's truly amazing what we can do, when we want to.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well said I agree

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bud...I am still learning and will get back to you...I have Doc appt. this week and will present questions... Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  Good advice, thinking...will definitely incorporate am water!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 44 31 minutes ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 189 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,618 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,971 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 176 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 132 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.