Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Really Frustrated, Confused & Tired
Really Frustrated, Confused & Tired
Started cpap March 2020. Went 2 months without after recall. Been back about a month. After all this time I'm still very tired and terribly foggy. Attempted to have a conversation about this with two different doctors. Both gave me, verbatim, the same response, "Keep using it anyway, it helps with other things". DME is utterly useless. Not sure where to turn or if there is help that could change this and I'm feeling utterly frustrated, desperate and on my own. 

I just came across an article on orthopracticeus.com where it states, "People who suffer from IFL are more fatigued than sleepy during the day." This seems to describe my situation. I always feel like I could go to sleep, but I'm not falling asleep or fear I will while in my car or in the shower, etc., like I've read many with OSA did before therapy. I'm just dog tired, all the time and can't think straight. 

Initially, settings were 5 -18. Felt like I couldn't breath so increased a bit at a time until settling on 9, but changed it to 8.4 since recently having rather large leaks for some reason (didn't help). Also tried taping several nights to see if it's mouth leaks, it isn't. The pressure goes up to between 10 & 12 most nights. My AHI's are below 1. Using between 6 & 8 hours nightly. EPR on 1. Not sure if it means anything, but even with a leak as high as 50 L/min, I'm still getting a smiley face. Makes me a bit crazy not knowing why that is, if it could mean the machine isn't working properly. 

What I'm trying to understand/figure out is with these leaks, am I getting the therapy I need? Is the device compensating somehow? Are the reported AHI's so low because of the leaks? How does that work?
What exactly is inspiratory flow limitation (in easy to understand lingo)? If that's my problem could changing something help? 
How does IFL differ from hypopnea?
What is RERA (in easy to understand lingo)? 

Using MyAir since I don't have an SD card yet, but don't understand Oscar, the graphs and language anyway. Found an older video that explained in depth yet in simple to understand detail, lost it and cannot find it again. 

Any input/suggestions greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Really Frustrated, Confused & Tired
Cammy,

Sorry you are in a fog.
I am not familiar with IFL, so I can’t answer that one.
Think of RERA as a milder hypopnea. That’s as simple as I can word it. You have a small breathing problem, and it causes a mini-awakening.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 164 4 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 162 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,953 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 804 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 174 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 130 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 254 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.