Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] 30 Days in, how am I doing? Feedback please!
30 Days in, how am I doing? Feedback please!
Hi everyone!

I bought my Philips Dreamstation about 2 months back (on my own, without a prescription). With much discipline and determination, I am now at 100% compliance for 30 days! This is after having many failed attempts with different masks but i guess my determination paid off in the end. My life has certainty changed for the better! I am waking up and having the energy to exercise -- no more morning headaches, or perpetually feeling like zombie the entire day!

Now I would like to solicit some feedback on how I am fairing! Hoping to improve my therapy. 

Machine:  Philips Respironics Auto CPAP
Mask: Philips Dreamwear Gel Nasal Pillows size "S" on a size "L" frame

Please let me know what you think.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 30 Days in, how am I doing? Feedback please!
Welcome to Apnea Board. The numbers look pretty good. As you seem to be below a 5 AHI consistently, and you're feeling better for therapy, I don't have anything to help you improve. Keep at it and best to you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi! Do you mind me asking what your flex mode and flex level is? Your numbers are really good!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2020, 01:53 PM)chris0504 Wrote: Hi! Do you mind me asking what your flex mode and flex level is? Your numbers are really good!

Hi Chris, I'm on A-Flex with Flex level 3 -- hope this helps!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your therapy trends are in the right direction, showing consistent improvement and adaptation to the CPAP, especially since we see CA events have disappeared with time and use. You have gradually increased minimum pressure, and this has also helped your therapy. Good job of self titration, and this is exactly what is needed with the Philips Auto since it can be slow to be proactive with pressure. Your current pressure settings of 13-15 results in very consistent pressure through the night, minimizing sleep disruption. You have done what is needed and the only suggestion is to try reducing EPR from 3 to 2 and use your judgement to decide what works best for you. Congratulations on a self-titration done very well!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 238 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Leaks/Flow Rate Issues - Feedback Greatly Appreciated CavemanDoctor 1 349 01-22-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 422 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 340 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 536 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.