Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Oscar data, day 1 of treatment
Oscar data, day 1 of treatment
Hey all - go easy on me..first time user of Apap and Oscar.
Thoughts on the data from my first night? I tried to take a nap around 4 o'clock to warm up to using the machine and wasn't successful as I couldn't fall asleep. So at night I went to bed at 11 and tossed and turned to about 4 am which is when I fell asleep for 2 hours. Woke up at 6 and tossed and turned again for an hour and then slept 7 to 9. So total sleep time is 4 to 6 and then 6 to 9
Needless to say quite a crappy night - had a really really hard time exhaling against the pressure and I know that a few times while half asleep I just gave up exhaling because I couldn't and that didn't feel very well...gave me body twitches everywhere and light headless along with a slow heart rate (mid 40s).

Curious to your guys thoughts on how the data looks?

Attached Files
.pdf   Untitled document.pdf (Size: 563.84 KB / Downloads: 30)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar data, day 1 of treatment
(05-02-2020, 11:56 AM)Gary. Wrote: Hey all - go easy on me..first time user of Apap and Oscar.
Thoughts on the data from my first night? I tried to take a nap around 4 o'clock to warm up to using the machine and wasn't successful as I couldn't fall asleep. So at night I went to bed at 11 and tossed and turned to about 4 am which is when I fell asleep for 2 hours. Woke up at 6 and tossed and turned again for an hour and then slept 7 to 9. So total sleep time is 4 to 6 and then 6 to 9
Needless to say quite a crappy night - had a really really hard time exhaling against the pressure and I know that a few times while half asleep I just gave up exhaling because I couldn't and that didn't feel very well...gave me body twitches everywhere and light headless along with a slow heart rate (mid 40s).

Curious to your guys thoughts on how the data looks?

I've been playing around w/Oscar gotten a bit better at it.
Here are 2 updated screenshots and a 2-3 minute zoom into some of the Clear Airway events. 
Curious to the experienced folks thoughts on this?

Thank you all

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
@Gary. Things area a little out of context. You seem to be missing key parts of your screenshots. Like the Event Flags graph and the left pane with all your settings and numbers
Please take a look at Organizing your Charts, the link is in my signature.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Jeff - here's a screenshot with the updated data. Hopefully this gives a better picture for everyone
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 0 23 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 56 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 60 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 71 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.