Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Oscar data help bipap
RE: Oscar data help bipap
I would worry less about compliance and let your doctor know you got the right therapy. He is welcome to follow along. Your need for mask, tubing, filters and other supplies do not change. I would really try to recruit the doctor and point out...do you think I should have to tolerate 10 events per hour when I can get near perfect therapy with ASV? My guess he only avoided the "right" therapy to save a hassle with insurance. He can write your prescription for ASVauto based on your current settings and results.

ST is fixed pressure, and not intended for complex apnea. I think I provided the link to the Resmed Clinical titration Protocol, but if not, just ask, and I will. You were prescribed the wrong device simply based on your complex apnea, rather than COPD. Compliance is simply using your machine more than 4-hours per day on at least 70% of days in a 30 day period. Unless you plan to go back to ST, compliance is a waste of time. Just have your doctor, or your primary doctor write the prescription for what works. FWIW, if they take back the ST because you don't use it, it's no loss.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Oscar data help bipap
(02-15-2021, 04:46 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I would worry less about compliance and let your doctor know you got the right therapy. He is welcome to follow along.  Your need for mask, tubing, filters and other supplies do not change. I would really try to recruit the doctor and point out...do you think I should have to tolerate 10 events per hour when I can get near perfect therapy with ASV?  My guess he only avoided the "right" therapy to save a hassle with insurance.  He can write your prescription for ASVauto based on your current settings and results.  

ST is fixed pressure, and not intended for complex apnea. I think I provided the link to the Resmed Clinical titration Protocol, but if not, just ask, and I will.  You were prescribed the wrong device simply based on your complex apnea, rather than COPD.  Compliance is simply using your machine more than 4-hours per day on at least 70% of days in a 30 day period.  Unless you plan to go back to ST, compliance is a waste of time.  Just have your doctor, or your primary doctor write the prescription for what works.  FWIW, if they take back the ST because you don't use it, it's no loss.

Agreed, i do have an appointment with him. Minor correction is you mentioned 10 events, i think you were looking at S without T experiment we did? Normally i have anywhere from 0.6-2 AHI with ST given 14/9 pressure. But even then it doesnt feel as good as i am now. I will have to check but i think as it stands with COVID there maybe complexity returning device that's why was asking there are pressure recommendations based on ASV while i am trying to meet compliance until i schedule ASV sleep study or whatever doctor asks to get it rolling, any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Requesting review of OSCAR data NightOwl42 1 38 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Bipap settings bioshen7 16 269 4 hours ago
Last Post: bioshen7
  [Pressure] Mysterious Sleepyhead/OSCAR periodic pressure ramps with DreamStation BiPAP ASV? chrisj 26 248 5 hours ago
Last Post: chrisj
Question Is there a way to tell if I have a BiPAP or CPAP? astraith 9 163 02-25-2021, 01:37 AM
Last Post: astraith
  New BiPAP user! (UARS). Need serious help please! Data included, much appreciated CentralApneaUser909 55 1,062 02-21-2021, 07:13 AM
Last Post: slowriter
  BiPAP on the way - help with first night? qoethe 2 119 02-16-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: qoethe
  Help with my OSCAR data and a horrible first night. freddieku 3 138 02-05-2021, 02:59 AM
Last Post: freddieku

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.