Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Please Help - CPAP Leak - Unrefreshing sleep with low AHI and good usage
RE: Please Help - CPAP Leak - Unrefreshing sleep with low AHI and good usage
(05-30-2021, 02:36 PM)SakimaStorm Wrote: You mentioned mouth taping. Are you covering your lips end to end or just a small piece in the middle? I ask because w/o PAP therapy, just a small piece of tape works to help keep your mouth shut. But with PAP therapy, the pressure will force the air to escape from the side of your mouth especially in deep sleep and REM sleep. My mask leaks looked very similar to yours until I taped my entire mouth and then my leaks dropped to zero (along with using 2 good fitting masks; the F&P Evora and the Dreamwear with nasal cushions).

I second the recommendations made earlier of bumping your pressure up by 1 and using EPR3. That made a huge difference for me, both comfort wise and in lowering my flow limits. And with lower flow limits even though my AHI hasn't changed much, I am sleeping better and feel more refreshed in the morning.

I hope this has been helpful.

Thanks!

I'll be more mindful about taping the corners

Got my autoset for a couple of days. 3 EPR seems too high for my pressure. EPR 1 seems to be working so far
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 37 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 73 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 188 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 162 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.