Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Please Help - CPAP Leak - Unrefreshing sleep with low AHI and good usage
RE: Please Help - CPAP Leak - Unrefreshing sleep with low AHI and good usage
(05-30-2021, 02:36 PM)SakimaStorm Wrote: You mentioned mouth taping. Are you covering your lips end to end or just a small piece in the middle? I ask because w/o PAP therapy, just a small piece of tape works to help keep your mouth shut. But with PAP therapy, the pressure will force the air to escape from the side of your mouth especially in deep sleep and REM sleep. My mask leaks looked very similar to yours until I taped my entire mouth and then my leaks dropped to zero (along with using 2 good fitting masks; the F&P Evora and the Dreamwear with nasal cushions).

I second the recommendations made earlier of bumping your pressure up by 1 and using EPR3. That made a huge difference for me, both comfort wise and in lowering my flow limits. And with lower flow limits even though my AHI hasn't changed much, I am sleeping better and feel more refreshed in the morning.

I hope this has been helpful.

Thanks!

I'll be more mindful about taping the corners

Got my autoset for a couple of days. 3 EPR seems too high for my pressure. EPR 1 seems to be working so far
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leak Rate and AHI Islander99 15 219 06-18-2021, 04:40 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [Treatment] DIY CPAP/APAP Sleep Therapy - Assistance Please aerabica 4 93 06-14-2021, 11:42 PM
Last Post: aerabica
  [Equipment] Nasal pillow mask leak with side sleeping jmac862 10 226 06-11-2021, 10:34 AM
Last Post: fstrife
  9 months in, starting to get tired again with good AHIs MF DOOM 1 148 06-11-2021, 07:18 AM
Last Post: MF DOOM
  Have mild sleep apnea, and sleep therapy center question kconan 7 565 06-10-2021, 10:57 PM
Last Post: ICEMAN
  Leak event flags vs. Leak rate graph verysincere 1 98 06-07-2021, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Feeling Bad Over Good Scores: Help Please TiredOne789 58 2,430 06-03-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: TiredOne789

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.