Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Curious about constant pressure from oscar
Curious about constant pressure from oscar
*Warning, this may be a very dumb question  Unsure

Oscar is showing constant pressure since changing settings of trigger --> very high.  Prior to changing this setting, I saw fluctuation of pressure.  I have attached two files of before and after adjustment

Is this normal?  Currently trying out a new mask and was wondering if I needed to adjust my pressure.  In context, I am changing from: p30i --> f30i

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Curious about constant pressure from oscar
That's because on April 13, you changed the pressure to mimic a static pressure.

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...#pid472905
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you add your PS (4) to the EPAP (6) it will be your maximum set pressure of 10. Your pressure can not go anywhere. The before had your max set to 20. This would allow your EPAP range to be 6 to 16, and your IPAP to be 10 to 20. Also, please use the Fn+F12 key to take the screenshot. We need to see your data and not the calendar.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So would it be advisable to go back to my previous settings to see the pressure difference while I try out the F30i?

As a cpap newbie, I'm still confused how aircurve 10 works.  Does this machine adjust accordingly if I leave it to max settings? Or is it better to have a static pressure as I have been using the past couple of months?

Sorry for the endless questions  Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
It will adjust based on your flow limitation. The drawback of having a large upper limit is a disturbed sleep from excessive pressure changes. Looking at your variable settings, I would try setting the EPAP at 7, IPAP at 13, and leave the PS at 4. This setting allows for a 2 cm variance, which should reduce the possibility of a pressure disturbance. You can always fine tune from there, if needed.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you soooo much for your assistance!  I'm excited to try out the new settings tonight.   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
@crimson nape,

Any suggestions if I should change my pressure settings?  

For reference:
AHI 5.14 + 2.4 (7-13 pressure setting)
AHI 1.57 (6-10 pressure setting.  First night trying out new mask (F30i))

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Notice that the events are in clusters, and not spread out. This indicates that this is positionality induced. You are either chin tucking, and/or sleeping on your back.

For chin tucking, you can try a Soft Cervical Collar (SCC) to help prevent this. See the Wiki article on SCCs (https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...cal_Collar) for more information. Depending on your pillow type, you can also try positioning a corner under your chin to keep from tucking too.

For back sleeping, there are several avenues to address this. They range from body pillows to tennis balls attached to the back of your sleeping shirt.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you soo much for your wisdom and knowledge.  I had no idea that the cluster of OA could be due to positional apnea!

But I'm super grateful for helping me! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 22 1,272 02-25-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mallowsweet
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 406 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,647 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.