Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Provent
Provent
has anyone tried Provent?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Provent
No, but I haven't heard many good things about it. Supposed to "kinda" work for mild OSA, but certainly not anything in the moderate to severe category
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bennett,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The only bad thing about them is, from what I have read, you have to use a new one every night and I think it winds up being a bit more expensive in the long run, and I have also read that they are for people with mild sleep apnea. I have no personal experience with them as I’m very pleased with my CPAP therapy.
To me, it's more of a marketing ploy, than anything, but that’s just my opinion, of course, YMMV.
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Could it work, I guess. Would I ever use it, not a chance. Unobstructed inhale and limited exhale to build up pressure on the exhale. Well I have a problem exhaling into pressure and I also do not like that congested feeling. This sounds like it makes it more difficult to exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
Works for a very, very, very small population. Very mild OSA and does not lip leak nor mouth breathe.

I can't believe they are still being sold.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2016, 04:21 PM)bennett Wrote: has anyone tried Provent?

No. I would try it, but the fact that it only affects exhalation pressure doesn't sound promising. I just checked, and no doctors in my town are listed as prescribing it yet.

I can see trying it for napping, although in the 2.5 months since I've started using CPAP therapy, my desire to nap has gone almost completely away.

I am much more interested in the Airing micro-CPAP product.

Even if these both products turn out to be only moderately effective, I am glad that there is interest in making small portable devices to treat sleep apnea.

I think we all know there are millions of people with OSA who either haven't been diagnosed, or have been but don't use their xPAP machines for one reason or another.

Post Reply Post Reply
If the Airing ever actually comes to exist as advertised (and not a dressed up Provent, which is my bet), I'll kiss SuperSleeper.

Biggest scam in a long time, in my not-so-humble opinion.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2016, 02:22 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If the Airing ever actually comes to exist as advertised (and not a dressed up Provent, which is my bet), I'll kiss SuperSleeper.

is that, like, a really big penalty or something? Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: kat-2-600x399.jpg]
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
so... you're saying that SuperSleeper might be a prince in disguise?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Provent Therapy - Where Can I Find It? JustinFL 2 664 07-21-2021, 12:54 PM
Last Post: HelenB
  My Last 3 Weeks On Provent BG50 5 1,264 05-25-2020, 09:09 AM
Last Post: vrapche031
  Experience with Provent? EmilySleeps 38 13,865 03-28-2018, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Mrussell
  Newbie question about travel: CPAP or Provent? foxwoodfarm 8 1,916 08-26-2017, 10:44 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Anybody has experience with the Provent system? Russatrice 10 2,993 12-15-2016, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Provent app1nag 3 2,286 01-29-2016, 05:59 AM
Last Post: 49er
  The ProVent Thread stcrim 3 2,082 07-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DocWils

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.