Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] PurpleOx Therapy: Diagnosed with Moderately Severe OSA
RE: PurpleOx Therapy: Diagnosed with Moderately Severe OSA
While laying on my side, I take the corner of my pillow and wedge it under my chin. This helps keeping it shut.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a trainwreck of a night on Saturday with the nasal mask. Bought the Dreamwear FFM for last night. I love it! I haven't given up on the nasal mask yet but will stick with the FFM for now.

Last night:
  • 22:30: Woke up for no reason, bathroom break.
  • 1:40: Woke up to rainout
  • 2 to 3: Awake
  • 2:00 to 2:50: Attempted to sleep on my back. Super leaky and uncomfortable due to pressure + position. Maybe once I get more used to CPAP...
  • 5:10: Woke up for no reason, bathroom break.
  • 5:20: Trying to sleep on left side.
  • 6:00: Woke up for no reason and just laid there, I think you can tell.
Aside from watching for leaks, anything I should adjust now?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah I remember why I woke up at 5:10 or 6:00... I was swallowing air and burping  Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
Slept on my back with FFM last night and not sure how to feel about the results.

Also, I'm finding it hard to breathe out fully at the higher pressures. Would increasing the EPR level from 2 to 3 help? Will it make my flow limitations worse? Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
Add more EPR to setting of 3. This will reduce flow limitations. Maximum pressure can be set to 11.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it!
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the flow rate waveform in the 3 screenshots something I should be keeping an eye on? No leaks, not necessarily flow limitations, but looks very odd. Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
Experts will be able to answer better, but it looks like an Apnea pattern but didn't have the time duration between breaths to be flagged.

Also depending if you were adjusting sleep position or something like that, maybe a small breath hold with single breaths mixed in.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All of the flow-rates in those zoomed shots are classic flow limitation and should be better with EPR 3. Where they get worse it may be positional (chin-tucking), but at this point just proceed with the greater EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dave and Sleeprider! Your expertise makes me feel so much more secure in my CPAP therapy journey!  like
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 75 1,379 Yesterday, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 3 155 Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Last Post: joedes
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 75 1,571 Yesterday, 10:01 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 2 78 04-21-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 119 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 288 04-19-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 448 04-19-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.