Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] PurpleOx Therapy: Diagnosed with Moderately Severe OSA
RE: Diagnosed with Moderately Severe OSA. A little lost despite lurking on this board.
Oh and this post is flaired "Diagnosis"... Should I start a new thread for OSCAR results when they come in?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Diagnosed with Moderately Severe OSA. A little lost despite lurking on this board.
You could keep posting here and if you wish a Moderator can edit the thread title to reflect the new context.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
PurpleOx - Like Dave said, either PM me a new thread title or post it here. I'll take it under advisement. Big Grin

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In other words, send a box of Black Rifle coffee and he can edit the title.

I'm probably kidding.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2022, 06:30 PM)PurpleOx Wrote: After being quoted a 2+ month wait from my insurance for an APAP, I've gotten my hands on an AirSense 10 Auto for Her myself. (Bonus: 4 GB Resmed SD card came with it!) My mask is arriving on Monday, so my first usage will be Monday night.

Here are the settings I will try the first night. Could I have feedback please?
  • 4-16 cm H2O: This was in my prescription. I know 4 is low but I tend to breathe low and slow, so I'm going to give it a try for a night. Like most everyone else I will probably need higher so I'll adjust according to feedback on my OSCAR charts.
  • EPR: Off? For first night use, would you rather see no EPR at all, or EPR set to 3 which will kick on once the pressure gets to 7cm?
  • Ramp: Off (Since min is 4)
  • Humidity: Auto
  • AutoStart: Off
Thanks!

Ah I replied twice and my question got lost on the previous page. Here it is^
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO, EPR is generally a huge help to resolving/eliminating obstructive events, that I would try
EPR=2, fulltime, min pressure=6 to allow the EPR room to work (6=4+2). This sets your min pressure, your min exhale pressure = 4, the machines min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PurpleOx Therapy: Diagnosed with Moderately Severe OSA
I updated the post title and flag.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok let me explain... I got my mask today (woohoo FedEx!), I was super tired, I went to nap. I didn't truly fall asleep but I blinked in and out a few times. Because every time I fell asleep, the machine increased pressure and woke me up. Do I just have to learn to fall asleep with it increasing pressure just as I fall asleep?

I'm attaching my OSCAR chart. At 13:40, I was on my back. Around 14:10, kept waking up because of the machine so I restarted it then got on my right side. Around 14:45, turned on my left side. Why does it keep increasing my pressure? Any tips on actually falling asleep?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The pressure range is probably the problem because your flow limit is raising the pressure.  I would try initially tightening it up where it can only change by 2 cm. This is just a test and more than likely will be totally different in the end.  I'd try a minimum of 8 cm and 10 cm. maximum. If you haven't tried the EPR set to 3, I would take it for a test.  See if you can tolerate that.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nape! I'll try that tonight and report back with results. 

I'm finding that my tongue leaves the roof of my mouth as I fall asleep and then big pockets of air try to escape through my mouth. My jaw is clenched shut and I'm not really tucking my chin, so I don't know if a chin strap or cervical collar is going to help. Is this solely a job for mouth tape? (I have retainers so the double-sided dental appliance won't work.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 967 2 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 7 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 399 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 60 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.