Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Transfer values to a new machine
Transfer values to a new machine
I had a sleep study 10 years ago and the hospital does not have the specifics of how my machine is set up.  I just saw a new doctor who agreed to give me a prescription without a sleep study but the medical equipment company she referred me to said that they cannot read the setup values on my machine and I need a new sleep study.  I have a Respironics BiPAPAuto M series with a smart card in it.  Is there a way to get the values (or a company I can work with to transfer them?)  I have been blissfully sleeping for 10 years and don't see the need for another sleep study.  Thanks for any help !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transfer values to a new machine
The Respironics M-Series BiPAP Auto will display the clinical setting on-screen so they can be used in a new BiPAP Auto. Just unplug the machine, then hold down the left and right arrows on top at the same time while powering the machine on. It will beep. Release the buttons and you can navigate the menu. The right arrow moves to the next screen, the left arrow moves to the previous screen. The + and - keys change the values. To exit, press the power button.

You can get a free clinical manual for the M-Series BiPAP auto by following directions in the CPAP Setup Manual link at the top of this page. My suggestion would be to just tell the DME to dispense the prescribed machine, and you can show them how to do the settings. LOL. Pretty funny they don't know!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transfer values to a new machine
Hi ellenos,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy and also with getting a different machine, hang in there for more answers to your question.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 140 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,172 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How to transfer CPAP machine between Provinces dkasik 3 663 08-16-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [Equipment] Wireless transfer not enabled (grey), Resmed 10 autoset Galletto1959 2 549 06-10-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,793 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  How do i set these values on Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST fakeinternetmoney 7 1,229 08-28-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: fakeinternetmoney
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.