Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Reading Oscar Charts (newbie)
RE: Reading Oscar Charts (newbie)
Here are the latest charts, more centrals last night and high mask leak?  I did change setting to standard from soft.  I zoomed in on some of the centrals not sure how to interpret breathing before and after.  Any. ideas?  I had made the mask a bit looser so maybe too loose but the machine told me my mask seal was great !  and I have no idea why there is a gap in data for an 1.5 hrs or so. I did change the Autoset from soft to standard not sure what that did, otherwise all settings the same.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Would there be any benefit or what would be the effect of decreasing max pressure from 14 to 12 or 13 since I am never going above that and rarely above 11?  Or does this not really make much difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AHI was 4.12 with CA 2.85, I realized the AHI did not show up in screen shots.  This is double CA from what it was last night Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
During the events, the mask pressure seems to flatten also, Im not sure what the mask pressure means vs the pressure which stays flat the whole time
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2022, 09:23 AM)ECM5 Wrote: The AHI was 4.12 with CA 2.85, I realized the AHI did not show up in screen shots.  This is double CA from what it was last night Sad

ECM5,
If you has a sleep study, did it happen to show if you had CA's?   If not, then what we're seeing is probably treatment emergent, and should lessen in time.  

Some of the CA's look positional, meaning you may be sleeping in such a way like tucking your chin into your chest.  This can cut off your air supply.
What size pillow do you use?  Be sure your pillow is on the thinner side verses a tall fluffy pillow which (if sleeping on your back) can cause your head to tilt forward.  
Even if you sleep on your side tucking your chin can have the same result.
Just try to be aware of sleep and head/neck alignment.

The CA's showing up toward the morning may be SWJ (Sleep-Wake-Junk), meaning you're sort of in between sleep and awake.  That's something you can disregard, as you may be just holding your breath.

You can lower max pressure, but I don't see it making much difference as your pressure doesn't go that high.  

In reference to using the "soft" or "standard" response, I'd go with what feels more natural to you.  I really didn't notice a big difference on your graphs.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I do wear the cervical collar but it may not be high enough or stiff enough.  I think I sleep more on my back because of the machine.  No centrals in my sleep study.  If I actually took a video would I be able to see what the events look like?  I thought about using the chin strap tonight to help also with any mouth breathing which I think is a problem.

And random question, guess we can't change the times to am/pm on machine it would be too confusing?  I can't get used to the 2400 clock.

And I'm also wondering why the climate goes from auto to manual a few days ago and I don't know how or if I changed it? I don't see any access to it on any menus. I know the heated tube will change that menu when plugged in but I only had it on for one day and doesn't match that.
Post Reply Post Reply
The cervical collar should be comfortable. Measure the circumference of your neck and add a few inches. You should be able to get a couple fingers under it.
Also, measure the bottom of your chin to chest or sternum area for height. Your chin should not be able to slip under the collar.

I don't know about a video... some here have been "surprised" at what they see.
I suppose if you could time the video to start the same time as your Pap machine, then that could be useful.

I know what you mean about the time. I still have to think about it. I could be wrong, but I don't think that's an option.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
any insight about the Climate Control (on left Oscar bar) going from auto to manual when I don't think there's a setting (Resmed Airsense 11 auto) on there unless the heated hoses are on.  Maybe it changed over the day I did the heated hose once I took them off, to manual?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP pillow recommendations?

This is my graph for last night.

It seems like the mask is coming off and machine is stopping because there are big gaps in data

Does anyone recommend a CPAP Pillow that allows for sleeping on the side and doesn't cause the mask to move or fall off - I think what is happening is I am turning on my side and pulling on the hose and dislodging the mask.

I also set it to Autoset for Her which seemed comfortable.

I used an under eye gel mask thing for over my nose to protect the bridge of my nose and it stayed and place and worked great.  You can only use them once though because they dry up.

any thoughts on how to keep the mask on better or a good pillow ?  I use a pretty soft down pillow now, for stomach sleepers (which I no longer am but it's still a comfortable pillow).
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone ever seen 3 bouncing blue dots on the screen of the Resmed Airsense 11 along with the pressure level? Tried searching but could not find anything, will take a photo tonight if I see it. The pressure level at the time seemed low, like 3 or 4 and maybe the mask was not on right.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 377 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 100 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 129 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 200 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.