Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Really Low AHI but feel really tired
Really Low AHI but feel really tired
            Hi , 

Been using my cpap for over 2weeks now and still doesn't feel any change. I sill wake up with headaches and really really tired even though my AHI is really low. I attached my last oscar review if anyone can figure out why am I still a zombie. Thank you for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Really Low AHI but feel really tired
Your median pressure is around 8cm, and with a low but steady level of Flow Limitation all night, these changes may help. A slightly higher minimum pressure might help with your headaches, and the EPR 3 will help with Flow Limitations.

Set the minimum pressure to 8cm with EPR at 3. You can also set the max pressure to 12cm, although it shouldn't go that high.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First and foremost while some people experience immediate results many people take quite a while to notice the results, so it could just be that you are in the later group and have just not adjusted to the sound or pressure or being able to sleep through the night and as such are just waking up out of habit as a pose to need. So I wouldn't necessarily write off good numbers with no results as not working yet because there is an adjustment time that varies from person to person. There is a reason why most sleep doctors set the first follow up appoint 30-90 days after the CPAP arrives because they know that most people take a fair while for the effects to be noticed (much like how adjusting thyroid medication you need to constantly take the medication for at least 6 weeks to notice any changes because it is a very slow acting change)

But with that said and the fact that it doesn't necessarily mean anything at all, on the other hand you could have other things interrupting your ability to sleep just because one thing has certain symptoms and 90% of the time the solution is just that one thing doesn't mean that there are not 3 dozen other things with similar symptoms and 10% of the time it could be that other thing creating the issue, you can even have two things with the similar issues at the same time and need to properly treat both to see any relief. 

So while I will say that I would give it at least until your follow up appointment before worrying too much about it, keep in mind that just because you are not seeing results with just x treatment doesn't mean that x is not working, it might just mean you need both x and y treatment because you have two issues causing the same problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2022, 08:27 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your median pressure is around 8cm, and with a low but steady level of Flow Limitation all night, these changes may help.  A slightly higher minimum pressure might help with your headaches, and the EPR 3 will help with Flow Limitations.

Set the minimum pressure to 8cm with EPR at 3.  You can also set the max pressure to 12cm, although it shouldn't go that high.

Thank you for your time. I will adjust the cpap and will come back to show if something has changed. I really appreciate it, thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2022, 06:08 PM)hh9797 Wrote: First and foremost while some people experience immediate results many people take quite a while to notice the results, so it could just be that you are in the later group and have just not adjusted to the sound or pressure or being able to sleep through the night and as such are just waking up out of habit as a pose to need. So I wouldn't necessarily write off good numbers with no results as not working yet because there is an adjustment time that varies from person to person. There is a reason why most sleep doctors set the first follow up appoint 30-90 days after the CPAP arrives because they know that most people take a fair while for the effects to be noticed (much like how adjusting thyroid medication you need to constantly take the medication for at least 6 weeks to notice any changes because it is a very slow acting change)

But with that said and the fact that it doesn't necessarily mean anything at all, on the other hand you could have other things interrupting your ability to sleep just because one thing has certain symptoms and 90% of the time the solution is just that one thing doesn't mean that there are not 3 dozen other things with similar symptoms and 10% of the time it could be that other thing creating the issue, you can even have two things with the similar issues at the same time and need to properly treat both to see any relief. 

So while I will say that I would give it at least until your follow up appointment before worrying too much about it, keep in mind that just because you are not seeing results with just x treatment doesn't mean that x is not working, it might just mean you need both x and y treatment because you have two issues causing the same problems.

I will keep that in mind. I am pretty sure time will help. Thank you for giving your thoughts on it, really appreaciate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Might be in catchup sleep phase

Did you notice a change when you started? 

For example, did your dreams become more vivid?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI scores but feel like I should feel better jake79 2 59 7 minutes ago
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 189 9 hours ago
Last Post: 40plus
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 460 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 279 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 182 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,383 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 273 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.